how can i get my seio to stay?

Break out the ducktape !

Moderator: snoopdog

satchmofish
Amoeba

how can i get my seio to stay?

Post by satchmofish »

im tired of my seio falling down because the suction cups lose SUCKtion. anyone know a way to mod the bracket so it stays put?

thanks,
russ
uncommon valor was a common virtue
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

My favorite way to fasten Seios is to attach them to a WATERPROOF magnet, like MagFloats. Do not use the cheap Odyssea or Hagen magnets, or they will continually exude rust into the tank. Just use a generous amount of cyanoacrylate based superglue gel and glue the swivel mount (the one with the knob) to the magnet. BTW, which model do you have? The largest magfloat is good up to a Seio 1500, so it will be good for any smaller ones, too.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Bkndsdl
Amoeba

Post by Bkndsdl »

I used what came in the box, added a little ingenuity and made my own hangers. I made one out of acrylic, and the other out of aluminum.

Basically, I turned the swivel upside down, drilled a hole through the back of it using the threaded piece as a guide (don't know what the threaded piece is called, but it's the only piece in the kit that uses the 2" plastic bolt), then made a hang-on bracket that hangs on the side of the tank with a hole drilled in it big enough for the 2" plastic bolt to go through; the hole was positioned on the bracket by how deep I wanted the seio to sit in the water. I then placed the threaded bracket in the corner of the swivel piece, and screwed that assembly to the bracket. I cut off the bolt so it wasn't so long.

I know that's long winded and probably confusing, but here are the pics to clear it all up:

Hope this helps!
-Mike
http://bkndsdl1.home.mchsi.com/
Why do we park in a driveway, and drive on a parkway?
There is NO SUCH THING as a hot water heater.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Silicone.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Ghetto as usual, I wedged mine in some rockwork in the back so I wouldn't have to look at it.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.