coral plugs

Break out the ducktape !

Moderator: snoopdog

reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

coral plugs

Post by reeferpuffer »

well i got tired of paying alot of monet for screens to use as plugs so i was walking in home depot and noticed small water feed lined in the plumbing section..then i started thinking...(you know how that hurts ) and so i bought one. they come in one 4ft section for 2 bux. cant beat that...i came home and smushed 2 part epoxy on the top to make a platform for the coral to attatch itself, then the plug can easliy fit into a nook, or hole in live rock and the coral will grow over the plug and onto the rock..am i genius or crazy?..you tell me...here are some pics
Attachments
plugs.jpg
plugs.jpg (21.92 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
plugs1.jpg
plugs1.jpg (30.35 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Brandon wrote:I'm all for that electric fence! Maybe I could chain a watch-trigger to the sps area to keep the inverts away.
I think I am going to go with the sprinkler plugs, and try and find some black eggcrate. Anyone seen Black Eggcrate at any of the local lighting places? I'll just position on the far end in a corner of the aquarium. Shouldn't look too bad. The propagation part is the most interesting part of this to me.. so it'll just have to be :)

Going to order 100 of these if anyone needs any.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Yup.. I STILL forgot to bring those things to the meeting.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

the ones i made are actually pretty convienant.. i prolly will grab maybe a couple to see how well they work..but im satisfied at my DIY attempy
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Brandon wrote:Yup.. I STILL forgot to bring those things to the meeting.
I want some too...... :(
SaltnLime
Chromis

Re: coral plugs

Post by SaltnLime »

reeferpuffer wrote:well i got tired of paying alot of monet for screens to use as plugs so i was walking in home depot and noticed small water feed lined in the plumbing section..then i started thinking...(you know how that hurts ) and so i bought one. they come in one 4ft section for 2 bux. cant beat that...i came home and smushed 2 part epoxy on the top to make a platform for the coral to attatch itself, then the plug can easliy fit into a nook, or hole in live rock and the coral will grow over the plug and onto the rock..am i genius or crazy?..you tell me...here are some pics

I thought you were going to use those thread spool things. I though that was a pretty good idea and the perfect side too...cutting them in half makes 2 .
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yeah well i had a couple bucks while i was breaking stuff in Home Depot..so i saidh heh...why not...i think theyre neatoh and those thead spool caught to much air in the holes and stuff, they kept trying to float