Will this work ?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Will this work ?

Post by snoopdog »

I currently have two true percs in my 75 Gallon hosting with my Anemone. Can I add a clown for my other Anemones or not ? I figure someone has seen this done before or heard of it. If so what type to get that wont be a problem. I was thinking gold striped maroon but marooons are testy and my maroon in my 29 gallon moves everything around and tosses corals around for enjoyment. So maybe a another type ?

Hey Scott you still on the board ? Your quiet as hell.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I'm the newbie, so take this for what it is worth. I don't think you will be able to add a symbiotic crab for an anemone if it has a clown. I think they will fight over it , and the clown will win. Just a thought :)

*edit:* This was something I read yesterday, but darned if I can find out where I read it. It was a description for a porcelain crab at some site that was selling them.
Last edited by Brandon on Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

From what I understand the rule of thumb is that most clowns will fight with eachother. That being said I have seen numerous tanks with different types of clowns in them. I would maybe stay away from the Maroon Clowns since they do get larger and are a bit nasty at times. I have seen false percs with pink skunks in a few different set-ups. So for what its worth you could give it a shot and see what happens.
J Crew
Amoeba

Post by J Crew »

check out this guys website: http://www.megapathdsl.net/~fmariani/reef.htm
He has three different types of clowns in his 75 gallon. so i guess it can be done, but i would think it's gonna be difficult. hth, peace :)
55 gallon reef:
10 gallon refugium, 85lbs LR, 75lbs aragonite sand: 3" DSB, cpr bakpak II w/ maxijet1200 upgrade, 2x175 10k MH and 2x110 vho, closed loop system w/ mag12 pump with two 1/2" sea swirls
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well we are not going to get the other clown, I think we are maxed on fish anyway.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

At one time I had a pink skunk clown, two maroon clowns, and two true percs. The maroon clowns always fought with each other but the only other time there was any problems was fighting over the anenome.

Kind of late but you may change your mind,
Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.