Greetings to all!!

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Saldarya
Amoeba

Greetings to all!!

Post by Saldarya »

Hello all you fellow reefers!!

Thought I would drop by and introduce myself. Although I dont live in Mobile, I travel through frequently and after having met Andrew earlier today, and he having pointed me to this site, I thought it might be fun to meet some fellow addicts! :D

My name is Bobby, I live in Lafayette and have been in the reef hobby for about 22 years. I love it and live it everday. I have kept most fish and corals but at current am focused on my current SPS tank while I begin setting up a new 300 gallon.

Here are a few pics so you can get to know me through the tank. :D

Some tank shots:

SOme favorite coral shots:

Look forward to chatting with you all!!

Thanks!

Bobby
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Hi, Bobby. Glad to see you could make it by so quickly--I just managed to register on LARC, myself. The tank looks very nice. I also managed to find your other pics from RC. In any case, the Zeovit seems to be working well for you. I'll be keeping track of your progress as you post it. I am always curious about new methodologies, so it should prove to be an interesting venture into relatively new territory.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

Beautiful tank :)
75gal, 20gal fuge, DIY LED, mag5 return, 2xk3's.
Saldarya
Amoeba

Post by Saldarya »

Thanks Andrew and Crsswift!! Hope to see you on LARC!!

Bobby
lowrider
Amoeba

welcome

Post by lowrider »

hello Bobby nice to meet you i just wanted to say hi and that is one nice tank u have looking forward to picking you for SPS info :lol:
Squirrelboy
Amoeba

Post by Squirrelboy »

Just out of curiousity, did you have a hair algae problem at some point or is it just coincidence you have 3 wonderful grazers in your tank, which are looking very beautiful as well.
Saldarya
Amoeba

Post by Saldarya »

Hey Squirrelboy,

Nope, never had any HA. I have had the Kole forever, the kids forced me to buy the Yellow tang, and I got the rabbitfish when I was battling a wicked case of Dictyota Algae (that stuff was wicked and made me wish I had HA). One of the results of the Zeo is Phosphates at 0 (Hanna) and Nitrates at 0. No algae ever :D

Lowrider, thanks for the comments and lemme know if I can help in any way.

Bobby
Squirrelboy
Amoeba

Post by Squirrelboy »

lol well its a good clean up crew, personally I like hair algae, well in a pred tank or fish only tank like my g/f we caught a couple of decorator crabs and dropped em in there and watch em garden there back its great lol, everyday we get to pay where's waldo with the crabs.
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

Hola amigo. Nice tank, it is very pretty. what kind of skimmer do you have on that thing?
~Kris~

"You can not start a revolution with a silk glove."~Joseph Stalin
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

I remember Bobby telling me that he uses a Deltec. I think the same as me-- the APF600, but I don't want to speak for him.

Didn't you say you planned on an ATB medium cone skimmer for your 300?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Saldarya
Amoeba

Post by Saldarya »

Drew is correct, Deltec all the way on this tank. Great skimmers, expecially when I bought it about 18 months ago. Today however there are other skimmers that are as good for cheaper. With the many issues that DeltecUSA has faced in the last 6 months, I am not sure I woudl buy one again. Lord forbid I break an impeller.

I will likely use a ATB on the next tank. Price is fair, and performance seems strong.

Either an ATB or a BubbleKing 300, guess we will see when the day to decide comes... :D

Bobby
kirk_m
Amoeba

Post by kirk_m »

Hey, Bobby...

I've been lurking here for a while myself... you've been holding out on us over at LARC, though, I see, with this talk of a 300G... do tell!

-Kirk