Favorite Aquarium Store?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

hlander
Amoeba

Favorite Aquarium Store?

Post by hlander »

What is your favorite aquarium store in the mobile, pensacola, and panama city area?
kristo
Copepod

Re: Favorite Aquarium Store?

Post by kristo »

by far progressive marine
~Kris~

"You can not start a revolution with a silk glove."~Joseph Stalin
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

bb mobiles pet stop
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Beaver wrote:bb mobiles pet stop
:shock: What did you say
Karen
Karen
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

haha!!! dont listen to Beave all the time. most of the time he is bsing... but his bs is always hilarious!!!
~Kris~

"You can not start a revolution with a silk glove."~Joseph Stalin
bcarleton
Amoeba

Post by bcarleton »

Progressive by far. But I do go to B&B for certain things just not information. Just get what I need or want and then get out.
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

Both (In Mobile) definitely have problems.

B&B has lately made some big improvements in husbandry, I like them at the moment. They get a wider selection of corals and are getting much better at keeping them alive and not covered in pests. They have sales, they mark prices on everything, and they have an army of guys waiting to bag your purchase. I have seen some impressive corals go for $50, and I left with a couple.

Progressive as a very limited fish selection, and I always feel I get the "outsider" prices on all of the unmarked coral. Some of the livestock does look really bad, like any store. But I get the feeling that I could get a special order much more easily from Progressive, and I love being able to buy used equipment.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
Scootman
Amoeba

Post by Scootman »

Mobile: Progressive is my favorite. My only complaint is the limited hours of operation.

Daphne, Al: Unfortunately, Fatfish closed it's doors. I loved that store and Michelle always took great care of me. She had the coolest frag tank I've ever seen...

Pensacola: Aquaria and Reefers Paradise are my two favorites. They are both primarily coral and used equipment stores, but they do get in some nice fish every now and then. Unfortunately, Waterworld has the best selection on fish but they charge too much and don't appreciate their customer base. I just wish I hadn't spent $1,500+ in their store before being insulted by one of the owners. Live and learn I guess.

Ft Walton Beach, Fl: Many of you may not know this, but the Gulfarium now has an aquafarm and sells aquarium supplies and livestock. It's really cool to select a coral and then a diver swims through their 40,000 gallon tank and gets it for you. Impressive to say the least and their prices are tough to beat.

Matt's Coral Connection is a small store worth visiting. He also carries a lot of used equipment too. Nice guy and he hooked me up with a few corals which have been doing great in my system for nearly a year now.

Panama City, Fl: I know there are a couple of stores over there, but I've never visited them.
It takes a BIG man to cry.....but it takes a BIGGER man to laugh at that guy.
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

Aquaria. Has started to get some really nice stuff and made a 100% turn around since Phil took over. Seahorses are spectacular and price on sps, lps and softies is by fa the best in Pensacola. They are not so much on what they can get from you but what you can get from them.