Bad Luck of Late

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

strout
Copepod

Bad Luck of Late

Post by strout »

I lost my RBTA a few weeks ago when he got caught up in my power head. This I think this was my fault because I was turning my skimmer off for three days at a time and the water quality may have gotten to bad for it and caused it to start moving around the tank causing it to get chopped up in the power head. About two weeks ago my Hippo Tang and Foxface decided the had acquired a taste for my zoas. They ate my nice frag of Tubbs Blue zoas I got from Andy and also a nice frag of Purple Eye zoas and a frag of Armor of God zoas I had. They didn't touch my frag of about 30 Purple Death zoas I had. I spent my day off today getting the two fish out of the tank. Traded them to a friend of mine who has a restaurant, dinner for two. I am now down to 2 M. Clowns a Midas Blenny and a Flame Angel. Most likely should have got rid of the Flame Angel also but he has never given me any problems. Anyway, I think I am done with Tangs and will do some better research on picking fish replacements this time around.
Crustman
Amoeba

Re: Bad Luck of Late

Post by Crustman »

Darn, I am lucky that I never had any trouble with my foxface and it is full grown now. I wish something would eat invasive brown palys.