A Coral I Found

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

strout
Copepod

A Coral I Found

Post by strout »

I don't know if anyone is interested in this or not, but I figured I would let ya'll know about it, ifs its a good deal :?: . When I first saw the new zoa, Red Hornet, come out about a year or so ago, they were selling for about $160 to $180 per polyp. A web site that I go to every once in a while to window shop has them listed for $30 per polyp plus $49 shipping. $49 shipping is alot, but several people make an order, this number would come down a bit. Anyway thought I would let you collectors know about this.
Bay Corals http://www.baycorals.com/
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: A Coral I Found

Post by Fishfood »

I would maybe be interested but they really don't have anything in stock that I'd want aside from the red hornet.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I am not ordering anything, saving up for a few more recordias, just wanted to let ya'll know about the price they were charging for the Red Hornets.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

Wait another year and you might get it for 5 bucks per polyp. Never understood while these were expensive. They multiply quickly under the right conditions.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

from what I've experienced some do and some don't. Now I'm no zoa exptert and haven't always had many in my tank. I've noticed my tubs blues grow fairly quickly and the same could be said for my nuke green. On the other hand my purple death seem to grow very slowly. A few months back I got a few zoas from Rory. My single polyp of AOI's is now 3 or 4, my Sunny D went from 1 to 3, but I haven't seen the slightest hint of any growth from my RPE or the Candy Apple Red. The Goochters I got over a year ago have also been extremely slow growers. I think I'm up to about 7 polyps now, but that is from 4 and its taken over 6 months for that.

On a realated note about growth I asked Andy about an acro he has that is about an inch or two long. I thought it might have been a frag for sale and it had really nice color. He said it was a frag he got from Lance over in pensacola when he sold his tank. Thats been some time ago now and the other he got from lance have taken off for him. This one still hasn't done much of anything. I guess the point is I can see why something might cost more because it doesn't really grow that fast. I'm not sure how fast all of those zoa's really grow, and can't understand why some cost some much when they grow so fast. From my experience they do have different growth rates, but maybe some of them just do not like my system and thus they aren't growing, but would grow just as fast in a different environment.