Mini - Nems

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Mini - Nems

Post by Fishfood »

So Andrew educate me on these things. How well do they mix with other reef inhabitants?... gobies, basslets, sps. Some of those I saw on bluezooaquatics were nice looking and not really expensive.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Re: Mini - Nems

Post by Amphiprion »

They don't have quite the stinging strength of their larger cousins, but they are still fairly capable. Small gobies are fair game even for these guys. The same goes for most corals.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
mobilehurricane
Amoeba

Post by mobilehurricane »

This one came in with the red one that is still at B&B. I think they are great colorful nems and mine is roughly 4-5 inches. It has been home to my porcelain crab for almost a month now. The clownfish pair avoid it. It has moved once since I got it, but it was only a few inches. Great addition.
spikesreef
Amoeba

Post by spikesreef »

I have some mini nems that look like little rock anemones. They came on a rock full of zoanthids I had purchased. They were mixed in with smaller zoas. I thought they were just palys, and they seemed to be bothering the zoanthids. So I cut up the rock and thought it unusual the palys just fell out. I glued them to disks. Later I checked out my new frags and the palys had all moved, that is when I realized they were not palys. Now they have taken up at different locations in my frag system. Once in a happy place they do not move and do not seem to bother other corals. They are so small they would only benefit a nano tank. About the size of a large paly.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Are you sure they aren't majano anemone?
spikesreef
Amoeba

Post by spikesreef »

Fishfood wrote:Are you sure they aren't majano anemone?
Yeah, I am sure they are not majano's. I have had plenty of them in the past.
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

spikesreef wrote:
Fishfood wrote:Are you sure they aren't majano anemone?
Yeah, I am sure they are not majano's. I have had plenty of them in the past.
I'm curious, could you post pics?
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Fishfood wrote:So Andrew educate me on these things. How well do they mix with other reef inhabitants?... gobies, basslets, sps. Some of those I saw on bluezooaquatics were nice looking and not really expensive.
Did you ever end up getting any of them, Drew?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

No I didn't. I don't think any of them would do well in my aquarium, or I should say I don't think some of the stuff I have in there might not do well with them.. I did however have a real long debate with myself after my wife said no about getting a sweet green tiger striped Squamosa clan I saw on line. It was only $80 for a 6 inch clam and there was a by two of anything and get the 3rd free and free shipping at $150.. Almost got 2 clams and something else just to get the squamosa.