My 8yo+ Maroon Clown Died today :-(

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

danielmiller82
Bristleworm

My 8yo+ Maroon Clown Died today :-(

Post by danielmiller82 »

Hey guys, its been a while since I last visited. I just wanted to let you guys know that my favorite and most long lived fish ever died tonight.

I found my VERY old maroon clownfish dead this evening. I have had her since Aug '05. When I bought her, the former owner told me that he had her about 3 years and bought her as a 1" juvenile. She has been living at my dads house for the past 3 years or so, and we were actually going to be moving the tank to our new house sometime this month. She has outlived dozens of tankmates and has lived a long good life. I will miss her.
Attachments
rip_zaphod.jpg
rip_zaphod.jpg (87.58 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
redpheonix
Copepod

Re: My 8yo+ Maroon Clown Died today :-(

Post by redpheonix »

It always sucks loosing fish and even coral when you have had them for a long time. It's like they have THEIR place in the tank and once their gone the tank just looks different. Hate to hear your loss, about 6 mnths back I lost a clam I had for 5 yrs and the previous owner had for about the same. It sucks.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Brian
Amoeba

Post by Brian »

Sorry for the loss, I know it sounds strange and some people would not understand but they become part of the family in a way. I was very upset when I lost my blue tang years ago.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

That was a really nice fish. Sorry it died. Photograph is great. The preopercular spine is huge.
ShelbyG
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by ShelbyG »

Im very very sorry for your lose ill be geting on soon