Georgia Aquarium

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

lwready
Amoeba

Georgia Aquarium

Post by lwready »

Finally got a chance to visit the Georgia Aquarium, which is fabulous. But a weird reaction (maybe this is just me) since the superlatives and my expectations were so high...I was a little disappointed. Not much coral, familiar fish, unnatural environment, etc. I feel guilty about it but I expected to be blown away, and wasn't.

If you haven't been, go, don't let my negativity influence you, but I wondered if anyone else had the same feeling.
Larry

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. Gandalf
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

Re: Georgia Aquarium

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

For my birthday this year I got to swim in the big aquarium. It will make it the best thing ever when a 23 ft whale shark swims inches by you. I didn't do the full diving but the one where you pretty much float on top. It cost a good bit but is definitely worth it.
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Re: Georgia Aquarium

Post by AuroraDrvr »

It's cool if you aren't into the private aquarium hobby, but it's really lacking if you are.

The one think that really irked me, more than any of those asian youtube tanks or people putting Vlamingii's into 125gals, was when I went (late summer '09), the tank in front of the gift shop. It was an artistic tank with nothing more than a couple glass pieces of artwork, yet they had a blueface, sohal tang, purple tang, semilavartus BF's and some others in there, with no form of shelter. The Blueface is a notorious cave-dweller and was severely stressing out.