New Tank on the way! Elos Mini

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

acpoweradapter
Amoeba

New Tank on the way! Elos Mini

Post by acpoweradapter »

So I just placed my order for a new tank... Elos Mini!! I've been lusting for 2 years and with the July 4th 11% off at premium aquatics I couldn't pass it up! It will be replacing my 28 JBJ HQI and my Biocube 8 I have running.

Right now I have a Biocube 8 running with two zoa frags already and a good supply of frags coming from AuroraDrvr (great seller with nice stuff!). It has some of my snails I got a few weeks back from reefcleaners. My JBJ 28 is just holding about 20lbs of rock, and all my snails that I didn't think could live in the 8 gal. It will be nice to condense my things in to a single tank.

Anyways, the Mini will have a RK to automate things, LED lighting from a Par38 bulb, a JBJ ATO, the kit skimmer and pumps, and I will most likely add a Tunze Nano I have sitting around. I will be starting a build thread (or I may just use this thread.) and taking a ton of pictures when I get the tank. Hopefully by Friday it will get here, but you never know.
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Re: New Tank on the way! Elos Mini

Post by AuroraDrvr »

The tank should look great, I love how clean all the Elos tanks are.
acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Post by acpoweradapter »

Daaang backorder kills me. They offered me the Midi for $650 more.. But I can't justify that price now. I guess I'll be waiting a little bit for them to get the tank in stock. Maybe next week!
acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Post by acpoweradapter »

Just spoke with a rep of Elos, he told me they are getting 3 shipments of tanks this month, 2 of them are Minis and one of them will be mine!
acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Post by acpoweradapter »

For now, here are some pictures of the Biocube, with my two corals still acclimating to the light.
Here are a couple pictures I took today. Still trying to figure out the best settings..

Here is the tank:

Here are my two zoa frags lovin the tank, I am picking up some more tomorrow.
acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Post by acpoweradapter »

Here are all my new frags right after I put them in the tank. There are 16 total!

AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

Don't know if I mentioned this, but you should blast the hell out of the Gorg with light. It will need all the energy it can get.

You can also pop most of the frags off the plugs fairly easy, if you want to glue them down to the rocks so you don't have 100 tiles in there. Just get a butter knife and pry them off. There are a few that have little or no fragments of rock under them, so leave them on the plugs.
acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Post by acpoweradapter »

I'll probably move the monti up. I just didn't want to start it too high, right now it is only about 12" from the LEDs, I have them right above the water level so I wanted to start low. Everything was open this morning and the water had cleared up, so I may get out my good lens and try to get better pictures!
acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Post by acpoweradapter »

Here are 4 of my favorite from the new zoas. I don't know names, but I have a list of names, but I'm not worried.