Live Aquaria Group Order

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

AgeDynasty
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Live Aquaria Group Order

Post by AgeDynasty »

Considering placing a live aquaria order anyone interested.
150 Gallon Mixed Reef
75 Gallon Mixed Reef
40 Gallon Frag System
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

Re: Live Aquaria Group Order

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

I'll jump in on that if your still doing it. Ever look on saltwaterfish.com?
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

jdmorgan20fan wrote:Ever look on saltwaterfish.com?
Steer clear of SWF like it's the plague. The minimal savings really isn't worth the hassle of dealing with their dirty fish.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

I just realized that wasn't the website I was talking about. I've never bought anything from there. I have had two orders from reef2go.com. Always good deals and never had anything arrive dead.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

LiveAquaria has practically become the only place I bother with online. Not that there isn't nice stuff to be had elsewhere, but few places are as rigorous about everything (from quarantine, acclimation, and overall animal health) as they are. In many cases, the added expense in dealing with them is worth it.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

Amphiprion wrote:LiveAquaria has practically become the only place I bother with online. Not that there isn't nice stuff to be had elsewhere, but few places are as rigorous about everything (from quarantine, acclimation, and overall animal health) as they are. In many cases, the added expense in dealing with them is worth it.
Are you talking the Diver's Den specifically?

If not, the regular LA orders all drop ship from Quality Marine, which I'm sure you know. I believe there are a number of other companies that also drop-ship from QM as well, Petco online I am 90% sure drop shops from QM.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Yeah, I was referring to DD, which I should have specified. Never got anything from the regular part, except for some algae years ago, but I've always been satisfied with DD. Still, even QM does good work overall for a wholesaler.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
JRA95SHO
Amoeba

Post by JRA95SHO »

I have seriously considered buying some fish from LiveAquaria. Their price sand shipping are reasonable. Reefs2Go seems to have prices more comparable to the LFS--not really any good deals. I'm wanting to pick up a blue hippo and a powder blue from LiveAquaria as these are often on sale and are decently priced. I need to wait a bit though. Just getting started with this hobby and already spending $$$$.
JRA95SHO
Amoeba

Post by JRA95SHO »

When are you doing the group order? If it's going to be a few weeks, I may order another Thompson's tang to replace the one I lost yesterday. :cry:

I need to do several water changes, get the rest of my fish over this ich, and let the tank stabilize a little more before I add anything else.
AgeDynasty
Amoeba

Post by AgeDynasty »

most likly towards the end of the month
150 Gallon Mixed Reef
75 Gallon Mixed Reef
40 Gallon Frag System
JRA95SHO
Amoeba

Post by JRA95SHO »

I will check on here then over the next few weeks. If there's enough orders to get the free shipping, I definitely will want to order something. Still scared to order another tang but we'll see. There's tons of stuff I want from Live Aquaria. I'm going to go out on a limb and try a blue linkia since they're only 10 bucks. I picked one up for Andy at Progressive Marine. Not sure how he's doing as he stays hidden somewhere in that huge tank of his.
AgeDynasty
Amoeba

Post by AgeDynasty »

I will most likly be placing the order around the 1st week of september
150 Gallon Mixed Reef
75 Gallon Mixed Reef
40 Gallon Frag System
JRA95SHO
Amoeba

Post by JRA95SHO »

I have a couple of things I want to get that are currently out of stock, so hopefully they will get some in right around the group order time. Seems as if they are out of alot of stuff right now. Anyone else having issues with this?

I have myself on the "email me when in stock" list for the stuff I want. Looks like it will be a Thompson's tang, an Atlantic/Carribean Blue tang, some Blue Reef Chromis, and maybe 1 or 2 more things. I think this time around, I may qt those tangs and keep a close eye on them. I'm not so worried about a chromis. They're pretty durable fish from what I'm told, although the 1 tiny blue/green one I had went missing on day 1.
JRA95SHO
Amoeba

Post by JRA95SHO »

Post when you're ready to order. There's a few things I want. Some aren't in stock though. I think we should be able to get enough stuff to get the free shipping. IIRC you're in Saraland, which is right up the road from my office. I can pickup my stuff after work one day. Still wanting to get in on this.
JRA95SHO
Amoeba

Post by JRA95SHO »

Bump. Anyone else interested to where we can get enough to get free shipping? The things I want from there are constantly in and out of stock; so my order $ amount will vary based on what they have when we do the order. Spent too much lately, so I'm sure it'll just be 1 or 2 fish for me. Hoping my portion won't be more than $50-75.