Forum Invite

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

bluwtr
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Forum Invite

Post by bluwtr »

I would like to invite all members of MBRK to check out and join a great forum that is very much like this one. The site is Modern Reef Keeping. At MRK there is a strict NO FLAMING policy. If you have a question--ask it. They are a great bunch of keepers and I've never had a bad experience there. The site has a blog that is updated regularly with great easy to read articles; sponsors who have contests and give away corals and equipment and a bunch of other info. I sent Amphiprion a PM regarding this invite, and as I told him, I have ABSOLUTELY no affiliation with the site other than membership. The site is free as are all of the contests. I'm extending the invite because a while back someone had asked about other sites to go to as well as a member here having a typical hard time on RC. Another great site benefits all, so come on over and join some other enthusiasts who enjoy this hobby as much as you do. When I registered it asked who refereed me to the site. I don't know if that is still the case, but if so, just use my screen name--"bluwtr".

Here is the link: http://modernreefkeeping.com/

Hope to see you there.
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
lwready
Amoeba

Re: Forum Invite

Post by lwready »

Thanks for the info. Great site.

Larry
Larry

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. Gandalf
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

My pleasure and glad you enjoy the site. Like I said, a great bunch of people on there that I've met.
Wes

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

I just wanted to show everyone what I won through Modern Reef Keeping. As I said in the original post, they offer monthly contests. Well, I won two of them. The first pic is of the NextReef media reactor I won. To show the size my two "helpers" are with it. It is a beast! The second pic is of an Acan that I also won. I won the pink one and I bought the green one. The corals shipped very well and after going through acclimation and dipping, they both had their polyps out within 20 minutes in my tank.

Enjoy.

Wes

Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

super jealous of the acan!
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

LOL! Thanks. The pic doesn't do it any justice. Some of the very extremem edges have a faint yellow in them.
Wes

Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

i checked out the site and couldnt find any contest section so i was curious as to how you won these?
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

You obviously did not go into the forums as the MRK Contest and Announcments forum is the very first one. Here is the link to the forum. Contests run monthly.

http://modernreefkeeping.com/forums/for ... ouncements
Wes

Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

i did, but i didnt see any rules or regulations or requirements lol.. all i could find was a thread and it would say "good luck" once i opened the thread. i will check again, i may have to be a member to see certain things i guess

edit: didnt read the stickies :roll: lol, i will register there and see if i can see anything
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

LOL! I understand---pretty much the way my life goes! Yeah, you do have to be a member (free) to participate, but they run contests a lot. I won the reactor by writing an forum topic and it had the most replies. I won the Acan by providing a FTS picture. The site recently updated and moved servers (I think), but before the move they ran a fish and invert of the month contest.

Let me know if you still can't see and I will contact the admin if need be.
Wes