Does Anyone Have an Aquaripure?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

JRA95SHO
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Does Anyone Have an Aquaripure?

Post by JRA95SHO »

If you're not familiar with them, they're an expensive de-nitration system and basically look similar to a skimmer. Those on other sites that have purchased them seem to be really happy with the results. They pretty much keep your nitrates at 0. I'm considering getting one of these in the spring after income tax refund and the year end bonus hits. They aren't cheap---roughly $300. I will either have to do that or invest in a larger skimmer, due to my increased bio load. I have added quite a few creatures to my aquarium and still battle high nitrates in the 30ppm range, even after putting chateo algae in my sump, changing the sock filter every 3 or so days, and emptying my skimmer cup every other day. Oh and I try to do a 20% water change a least every other week in addition to testing and modifying calcium and alkalinity levels a couple of times each week. I stay on top of the tank when it comes to maintenance. The only recent casualties I've had are a plate coral. All the fish, including the tangs, are very happy, active, and are eating well. I am getting close to completing my fish stock though.

If any locals have these, what are your experiences with them? Were they worth the cost?