batter up

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

jt3069
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

batter up

Post by jt3069 »

okay i'll go first

anyone wanting to do some of the things posted in Anyone thought about Mobile Bay Reef Club T-Shirts

then write me or on this page because id like to do some of these things,
maybe we can get a group together to organize these events, and mods hopefully will follow suit

in advance thx to all replys, and please only serious post,thx
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
Fishfood
Chromis

Re: batter up

Post by Fishfood »

I'm up for it. I've limited my abilities as mod to just delete spam that we were getting there for a while. Other than that I'm just the same as you on here. I think Andrew is in the same boat. We have been around this place a while and were willing to help delete the trash. We don't hold any type of position in the "club".

With that said I should be able to make some of these things. Unlike in the past I wouldn't have been driving from Pensacola. Let us know what you are thinking. I'd say start with something simple and go from there.
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

here is what im thinking of to start with those that want to help organize this, we should have a in person meet (lead by example)
and discuss how and were we want to try to organize a club meet,

hopefully somemore people will help out!!

also,
id like to get a plan set-up before holidays go into full swing that way we can have a date set-up far enough in advanced that everyone that
wants to come will have time to properly plan to come,
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

will post the plan been sick
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

well it seems that im goning to be working on a new tank setup here in about a month
if anyone wants to work with 3w crees, ill be building my own lighting
and anyone who wants to come learn or help
is more than welcome

ill post later on the exact date
thx
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

let me know if you need help, just upgraded to DIY LED's in october. I need to update my build post and add some pictures on progress
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

what leds,tank, how many ect did you go with
i need help in that department thx
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

75g, went with 24x royal blue cree xp-e and 24x cool whites cree xp-g leds with 4 dimmable drivers. 2x 5.9x16" heat sinks and 80 degree optics
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

par 5 inches below the tank is mid 600's, tank half way down is low 400s and on bottom level is 200s, 100 in corners but who put corals in corners? I may add 12 more blues to give it a little more color. but otherwise, im impressed and enjoy them very much. powerbill went down an average of $20 too ;D
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

what did you switch from?
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

t5's, the set im selling in the buy/sale forum
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

kool with a drop of 20% from t-5s, thats awesome can't wait to see what happens when i quit running these halides lol
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Going back to the original post about having events and making t-shirts. If we can get the t-shirts it could be kinda Like ads if people walked around and actually wear them. This will and most likely promote the forum and bring in new members and thus allowing mbrk to grow and become even more popular. Also if we can get events going again it will keep people interested and promote reefing in the area more because newbies can go to the events and learn from the older members also promoting it. Plus if we can get activity stirring on here by events, mettings, selling of the t-shirts the forum could and more than likely have a lot more activity than it has lately so I'm all for the idea.
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

i don't know the legality of this but the creater or owner of mbrk has to approve that , so we can use the name

but im with ya, id like to see all of those things,what type of shirt and what kinda desin or logo would you like
since were on the subject
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

jt3069 wrote:i don't know the legality of this but the creater or owner of mbrk has to approve that , so we can use the name

but im with ya, id like to see all of those things,what type of shirt and what kinda desin or logo would you like
since were on the subject
Maybe mbrk written on the back of the shirt like in a half circle

B. R
M. K

Kinda like that then Maybe some actual fish pictures and the traditional clownfish and anemone lol right under it.Have various colors for the shirts. For front do like a pocket and small letters mbrk on it like Guy Harvey logo.