My New Tank Build

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: My New Tank Build

Post by Fishfood »

from my experience Solorensis Clown Fairy Wrasse's can be extremely mean. I was looking into an Exquisite Fairy also but from what I read on them they are mean also. I have a female flame right now. I'd like to get a hold of a male at some point but I think I probably need another female just in case mine is starting to turn. I think it might slowly be turning.

I'd keep an eye out at pacific island aquatics for the flames wrasse, heck I'd keep an on one what they got if you are looking for something different with a wrasse trio.

If your qt is set up and going you may be interested in this flame pair: http://www.nyaquatic.com/servlet/the-23 ... air/Detail

If I had that size tank I'd be tempted to get these guys, hooded fairy trio: http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/It ... did=146956

Phil who use to visit these forums as Redfish use to have a pair of the hooded fairy wrassess in a 180gal sps tank. He also had a few other high end wrasse as well but these guys were nice.
strout2
Amoeba

Post by strout2 »

I keep my eye on the two sites you listed and also Pacific Island Aquatics. The quarantine tank is up and running, but seeing as I have never quarantine a fish before, I am kind of leary of starting with a $$$ fish, thats why the 3 Carberryi Anthais went into the main tank, instead of the quarantine tank. I am thinking of starting with maybe, the Yellow Coris Wrasse to start with in the quarantine tank just to see how that goes, before quarantining a male/ female pair, I maybe fretting over nothing though.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

NYaquatics has some nice wrasses in just not any pairs.
strout2
Amoeba

Post by strout2 »

I saw that, I think I am going to order a pair, Male/Female, Hawaian Flame Wrasse's from Pacific Island Aquatics. They seem to be a good fish to buy, I haven't read where anyone had posted where they won't get along with any other fish or Wrasses. Price from PIA is cheaper on these fish than anyone else I have looked at, guess because they catch their own.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Let me know when you are planning on ordering one. I'd like to get another female and wouldn't mind jumping in on your order.

Drew
strout2
Amoeba

Post by strout2 »

I will let you know Drew. I sent the owner of the LFS over our way an Email yesterday about ordering me a fish. We have another reefer over here that has a fish in her tank that just mesmerizes me every time I see it :) I went and saw her yesterday and decided I am going to get one of these fish, its a Marine Beta. She said its a great fish for a reef tank, the only down side, it ate all her shrimp out of her tank, it stays hid alot but comes out enough to make it a worth while fish to get and like I said, I can't keep my eyes off of this fish when I see it, so I am getting one.
Babyreef
Amoeba

Post by Babyreef »

marine betta is a nice looking fish be careful though i heard they may also take smaller fish out too.