anemone

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

VRichele
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

anemone

Post by VRichele »

HELP!!!

yesterday, i bought a wrasse, put it in my tank.. left the house for a couple of hours.. when i came back i looked for it and couldn't find it anywhere... and since then my anemone has been balled up very tightly.. something its NEVER done to my knowledge.. i also changed the water yesterday just before i put the new fish in.. something is going on, but what? did my anemone EAT my wrasse or is it sick?? i've checked under rocks, in the overflow, in the sock... i just cant find the wrasse... and this isn't the first time i've had fish disappear!!!

thank you!
Shelli
bluwtr
Amoeba

Re: anemone

Post by bluwtr »

What species of anemone is it? It very well could be that it's eating your fish. Sorry.
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
VRichele
Amoeba

Post by VRichele »

not real sure of the type, it's got purple tips, not bubble tip... but right after putting this post up i went to the tank and there it was!! haven't seen it in 24 hrs and it APPEARS!! and my anemone opened up too.. not much but enough for me to feed it.. dont really know what's going on but something certainly happened to the other fish... thank you for your quick reply!
strout2
Amoeba

Post by strout2 »

If you have a sand bed in your tank, thats where I would say your wrasse is at. When I put my Yellow wrasse in my old 125g tank, he stayed under the sand for about a week. I have heard stories where wrasse's has stayed in the sand for like 2 weeks. I wouldn't go polking around in the sand looking for him though, he will come out on his own. What kind of wrasse did you get :)
Last edited by strout2 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
AgeDynasty
Amoeba

Post by AgeDynasty »

It may have been eating but I wouldn't be to concerned yet. Wrasse like to bury themselves in the sand or in rocks when they get put into a new tank. I've put them in my tank and didn't see them for a couple of days. But that being said the Anemone is a likly suspect being that he is all bubbled up like he ate something.
150 Gallon Mixed Reef
75 Gallon Mixed Reef
40 Gallon Frag System
VRichele
Amoeba

Post by VRichele »

Thanks so much for the feedback everybody... the anemone seems to feel better and the wrasse is making regular appearances to let me know its still around!! i love this page and the folks on it, y'all are awesome for responding so quickly.. i was really panicked in the beginning!

thanks again
Shelli Bell