New system up..and fully stocked!!!

Place for Vendor's to put there new shipments !

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Ditto.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

The one thing I like about hours like that is he is at least open till 7. Here in pensacola the lastest any place is open is till 6, unless you swing by petland.
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

I wished they were closed on saturday so I could fish longer.

Hmmmm
Beaver
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Haha! No you must go to work Beaver :lol:
-Kristyn
marinebiologist
Amoeba

Post by marinebiologist »

Beaver wrote:I wished they were closed on saturday so I could fish longer.

Hmmmm
Beaver

Nice try beaver but that would cut out the main day i make it over there
AQUAMAN
Amoeba

Post by AQUAMAN »

I was considering opening on Sundays...What do you guys think...I know Beaver will like it :lol: .

Hey Doc if ya let me know what day you will be in town I can open up early for ya.

We have new shipment...came in last nite.
Lots of fish and more corals. Got some sweet blue spotted seahares(very cool).
Looking For a Coral Fix??...I'm here to help!!
Progressive Marine LLC
6412 Airport Blvd
Mobile,Al 36608
http://www.progressivemarine.com
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

I wouldn't recommend you open on Sunday's. You need to be closed one day to escape. My recommendation would be to open earlier each weekday. You are completely missing the lunch hour business. When I worked in a LFS in Atlanta we had plenty of buyers and browsers (who later became buyers) from 12 - 2. If I were looking to add hours that's where I'd add them!

If you really want to find out what the customers want, ask them. Do a survey of every customer who hits the register. Ask them if they would rather you open earlier during the week or be open on Sunday. Only give them two choices and use a tick sheet to log their preferances. You should know in a week the best way to go.

I'll get with you later (when I know for sure) on when I'll be coming through. But let me ask you, is it better to open for the one, or the many? Think about it and I'll get back with you later.
Doc :D
AQUAMAN
Amoeba

Post by AQUAMAN »

I'm with you on the time...It's only two man operation and a ton of maintenance customers that get service M-F before 2, then we open the shop for retail.

I need a couple of clones.

I've been considering hiring more help? We'll see.

Anyway, let me know on the day...when you come bring the many :lol:
Looking For a Coral Fix??...I'm here to help!!
Progressive Marine LLC
6412 Airport Blvd
Mobile,Al 36608
http://www.progressivemarine.com
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

I'm afraid that I'm not the one to bring the many. You being open from 12 - 2 will bring the many. Hire one person to work Noon to close or better 11 - 3. Stagger your maintenance to allow one of you to work with the newbie. Maybe even alternate. My bet is that you'll more than cover the payroll increase within the first two months and start to make money by the end of the third. Who knows, in time you may be able to even get two days off in a row.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Well for me personally, the only times I go is either after 5pm on weekdays after I get off work or weekends. We take our dogs to the park every Sunday and would probably stop by with them occasionally after our weekly trip to the park if you were open Sundays....Bear has been in there a few times when Beaver was working. So I'd prefer Sundays over opening earlier during the week.

Although I'm ready for you to open a bigger shop in West Mobile!!! :D
-Kristyn
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

AQUAMAN wrote:We have new shipment...came in last nite.
Lots of fish and more corals.
Any tangs? I've been looking to get a Powder Blue and/or Blonde Naso. I could also maybe use a sandsifting star.
-Kristyn
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

There you go Aquaman. The first response to the survey you haven't started yet. I'm sure that Beaver is thrilled that it's for working every day of the week. Sorry Beaver, I guess you get no time off any more! :lol:
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Some businesses that are open Sundays are closed one day during the week...usually Mondays. You could always do something like that.
-Kristyn
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Yea, you could be closed at the store on Monday afternoon (you'd probably still have to do maintenance in the morning) and still wind up having to work every day. Sorry Beaver, you still get no day off! :D
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

Dont make me dam up the shop. Lots of wood and debris would block the entrance and then nobody could get in. And with what Rich and the Guys right beside us have, that would be no problem. I am up for opening more during the week and have the weekend off, but with school so hit or miss, and an ever changing schedule its just not possible for me to work in the am. This semester I don't get out until 2:15p.m. on mon,wed,fri and then it takes me 20 min to get here.

I think this summer might be more flexible with the hours just have to see.

Oh yea Sunday
Didn't the Colts win the Super Bowl......
Wait... that was on Sunday.......Awww....right...

C-ya

Beaver[/b]