Yard Sale June 15th & 16th

Place for Vendor's to put there new shipments !

Moderator: snoopdog

DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

If you'd put it in the vendors forum, I wouldn't have said anything about it!
Doc :D
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

DrHank wrote:If you buy with the intent of reselling, you're not a hobbiest, you're a business.
I have been a hobbyist for years. I have had a tank for over 8 years.

Actually, it was my love of the hobby that led to my opening a business. I could not afford to buy a great deal of stuff when I started my tank so I would buy a nice piece and break me a small bit off of it to keep in my tank and then sell the rest of it in order to recover some of the cost of the coral.

I have NEVER sold anything that was given to me. If I no longer have a coral that someone has given me, I have either given it away or it has died on me.

I honestly do not care what you think of me, but it would be nice if you would tell what exactly it is that I did to piss you off. I am not going to go back and forth with you about this issue, but the fact that you say I am not a hobbyist because I have a business is extremely offensive!!

Andy
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Amphiprion wrote:This thread is going downhill...fast. :( . I already voiced my opinions in the other thread, so that's done--All I can say is that if there are personal issues between members (over any subject), this isn't the place to do it. Maybe all involved parties should talk about it personally instead of (excuse me if I present myself as being rude) eating bandwidth here. I am sure more could be cleared that way (instead of possible misunderstandings). I'm not judging anyone, only saying that it is, at best, immature to argue this here.
I do not think that Andrew meant that this was posted in the wrong forum, but Doc seems to have twisted Andrew’s comments in his favor. I was not trying to sell “commercially” as Doc put it. I was trying to get rid of this stuff at cheap prices, and I thought other people in the “hobby” would enjoy a deal on this kind of stuff. Excuse me if I was wrong in thinking so!!!

I agree with Andrew on this matter. If there if someone has a problem with someone or something they need to work things out by email, phone or in person not on a thread or forum at all. So if some one needs to discuss something with me here is my contact information.

andyhop44@comcast.net
251-978-4517

Also, I do not feel like I should have to defend myself to all of you all of the time!! As I said, if you have a problem with me or any of my posts, please contact me because I will not be hashing it out with you anymore on the MBRK website as this is not the place to resolve such issues.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I apologize publically to Andy and I stand corrected. As I stated before, if it was not your intention Andy to sell my rock, then please excuse my posts. I have done something here that I typically do not like in other people and that is speak before all the facts are known. I overreacted. Atribute it to the stresses of moving and the reality of having to dismantle and say good bye to the 250 gallon reef that I have worked so hard on for so many years. As you all know I did the same with my 500 gallion reef only 3 years ago. So many losses in such little time. I also had to face the loss of thousands of dollars worth of sps at the "hands" of an urchin. I am not looking for sympathy here. All of these things either happened at my own hand or at the hand of my stupidity. I am only offering an explanation.

Andy, again I aplogize...enjoy the beauty of the tank I loved. I hope to see it soon.

Elizabeth
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Andy, I'm glad that you clarified your position. I'm also extremely happy to hear that you have NEVER sold anything that you've been given for your personal use. I will say, that was not what I have been told by sources which I consider reliable.

Since I neither know you or have had any business with you, I fail to see how I've twisted any thing to my own interests. I have no interests in your affairs. When you cross the line from maintaining your own tanks for your personal enjoyment to the sale of large quantities of goods to others, you become a business. Kind of like an Amway user who chooses to become a distributer.

The only other thing that I would recommend is that in the future you post anything, other than an individual item you have to sel, in the vendors only area. This would eliminate any confusion that you are acting as other than a licensed business.

It's called good business ethics! It is only your perceived lack of them that prompts me to oppose your attempts to sell in the buy, sell trade forum. Purchase with the intent to resell is business pure and simple!
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I don't know who your sources are ( probably Mr. James) as you live in Florida, but they are incorrect.

You are right. You have never done business with me so you don't know how I operate or anything about my "business ethics" so stay out of it!!

As I stated previously, I have not sold large quantities of goods. I have lost a large amount of money in trying to sell this stuff. So, now I am merely trying to sell off what I still have so I can exit the business segment. In a sense this makes me a business, but I was a hobbyist long before I starterd selling.

I will post in the vendor section from now on because I think that is the best thing to do not because you feel like it is. I am a memebr of this site/club just as much as you are so you have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do!!

Like I said I will not fight with you about this matter here because I do not feel it is appropriate. If you have a problem contact me. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you would stop slandering me on this site!!!

Andy
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

I wish you the best in exiting the business. I'm sorry that you feel I'm slandering you. My sources do not wish to be publicly revealed as (unlike me) they do know you and you them. I respect their wishes and choose not to disclose them.

I'll let your reputation speak for itself. You may post where ever you choose however you may anticipate my continued comments should you choose to use the buy, sell, trade forum for business purposes.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Nuff' said from all parties. I think it's time to put this baby to bed.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I agree Elizabeth.

Andy
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

Brandon wrote:Image
It was a good read, wasn't it?

Can I have some of your popcorn?
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."