Yard Sale June 15th & 16th

Place for Vendor's to put there new shipments !

Moderator: snoopdog

andy4499
Chromis

Yard Sale June 15th & 16th

Post by andy4499 »

I will be having a yard sale Friday & Saturday (June 15th & 16th). I will be selling everything that I have listed on this thread and tons more. http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?t=4091

I will also be selling my 40-gallon tank setups (store display) along with everything that I have in them. Live stock, rock, and the works. Also a 150-gallon feeding trough filled with live rock. I will be letting everything go at cheep prices. I will try and get some pictures up and prices.

The yard sale will be at
602 Farnell Ln.
Mobile, AL 36606
251-978-4517
Last edited by andy4499 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
stanton
Amoeba

Post by stanton »

What time do I need to ne there?
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

like all the other serious garage seller folks... 5-6am and lie in wait! :lol:
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

mykpoz wrote:like all the other serious garage seller folks... 5-6am and lie in wait! :lol:
Funny but very true.

I think we will start on 6 am on both days and we will stay out until about 3 or 4 pm. Any one is welcome to come by before then too if they would like. Just give me a call before you stop by to make sure I will be here. My number is 251-978-4517.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I have changed the dates that we will be having the yard sale. We will be having it on the 15th & 16th.
stanton
Amoeba

Post by stanton »

Andy has alot of nice stuff for sale. I be willing to bet he has something you want or need.lol
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Sure hope he's not planning on selling all that live rock I just gave him. Can't say I would be pleased to hear that. :? :wink:

How does the rock and coral look anyway?

Eli
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Let me rephrase that...after reading the other thread referenced in this thread I have something else totally different to say. I hope my opinion does not offend Andy or anyone else in the club.

Andy came all the way to Baton Rouge yesterday and practically cleaned out my 250 gallon tank of all my live rock and corals. He probably took home with him 200 pounds of select Marshall Island rock. I gave him that rock to use in his tank. He never once indicated that he was taking it in order to re-sell it for profit.

Andy, if that is your intention, I can honestly tell you that I will be highly upset. If that is what is happening here, I would have appreciated you being honest up front with me. I can assure you that I won't be fooled twice.

If you are not selling it, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I think I have been more than fair with everyone in the Mobile club in the past. I have given away a 500 gallon tank, tons of frags, snails, and now hundreds of dollars worth of beautiful rock. I would appreciate being treated with the same degree of fairness in the future.

Elizabeth
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I should also say that I too have a business license to sell aquarium supplies and livestock. I have been contacted by numerous people in this area about purchasing the contents of my tank, but turned them down. My loyalties have always been with the Mobile club as it was my husband and I along with Scott that started the club in the very beginning. I wanted to help out the people in my home town club before I sold anything to strangers. Shame on you for abusing my friendship and loyalty.
enteri_00
Amoeba

Post by enteri_00 »

to everyone who is on Andy's case;

1.) I have gone to school with Andy for 4 years. Him and I at times never really saw eye to eye. But over those years I have met a friend who is honorable and always has good intentions.

2.) This crap about this lot of Andys has given him a bad stint and for those who have or are on an Andy is evil he should be boycotted, excuse my french but layoff of him. personally speaking with Andy I went and saw his "stuff" that he bought and boy did he do some dude a favor!! It really is a favor to us for him to sell stuff to us at a good price. The man has not grossed much of anything hence this weekends sell off. if it wasn't for Andy and his good faith and prices my tank would have diddly squat in it.

3.) no disrespect to anybody please..i make these comments on my own will. IzB please note that andy did want and only want to get your stuff from you cuase he truly wanted it. He told me yesterday that there was no way he would sell this stuff cause it would be wrong nor would he ever consider it. So rest assured that he did you no wrong or disrespect.

4.) For everyone else that may be on this bandwagon...find something else to pick on or do...

Finally please note these are my own thoughts and opinions. I reserve them for this board and at no one in particular. Have a fishy day and I hope andy you sell all your crap that you have...lord knows you only have so much room over there.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

As i stated in an earlier post....

"If you are not selling it, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions."

But, I did read in the other post written by Andy that he had "possibly" 500 pounds of live rock (I believe that was the number) and it seemed very curious to me that the post was made not too long before he came over here. That and the other posts about Andy and his prior practices make me very uncomfortable. I am hoping beyond all hope itself that my live rock is sitting beautifully in his tank for Andy to enjoy, as that is where I wanted it to be or I would never have given it to him. I personally like Andy. That's the hurt in this. I wanted him to have it....not sell it.

Andy if you read this and I have misunderstood your intentions then I am truly sorry as I said before. I tend to get very passionate about things of this nature.
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

enteri_00 wrote: It really is a favor to us for him to sell stuff to us at a good price.
I'm very happy that you and Andy are doing him such a favor. By aligning yourself with andy we also know to be wary of purchasing any thing from you either. I believe that there is virtually indisputable evidence of the manner in which andy and YOU choose to do business. Have a wonderful weekend and let the potential buyers beware.
Doc :D
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

This thread is going downhill...fast. :( . I already voiced my opinions in the other thread, so that's done--All I can say is that if there are personal issues between members (over any subject), this isn't the place to do it. Maybe all involved parties should talk about it personally instead of (excuse me if I present myself as being rude) eating bandwidth here. I am sure more could be cleared that way (instead of possible misunderstandings). I'm not judging anyone, only saying that it is, at best, immature to argue this here.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

I do tend to agree with Andrew. Perhaps it would be better to restrict commercial sales to the Vendors Forum. If you buy with the intent of reselling, you're not a hobbiest, you're a business. Maybe this thread was just posted in the wrong forum!!!
Doc :D
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Ok everyone, I did go over to lzb’s place and got most of her things, but I only kept a couple of pieces the rest was split between 3 other people. One of the guys was a friend of mine that went with me to pick it up. Another guy is new to the hobby and is setting up a 75 gal tank and I was doing him a favor by going and getting it for him. And the other person has posted on this thread already and will be getting some of the corals from me.

As for the live rock that I am selling none of it is from lzb tank. I had purchased previously over the past few years. I have had it stored in a back room of my house for this time. Honestly I have not sold hardly any of it since I have been in business (in fact I have not sold much of anything corals & fish). We did our taxes for last year & took an $11,000 hit on loses. So everything that I am selling I will be getting rid of for good and not getting back into the sells part. I tried something to help people out and things back fired on me. I have come to find out that the saltwater business part is not where I need to be. I will continue to be a hobbyist though.

The things that I am selling in the yard sale is equipment and things, nothing live is in it. On another note I started the thread about the yard sale before lzb mentioned anything about her stuff. And I had no intentions of selling any of her things. In fact if anyone wants any of it, come and get some things from me I will gladly give anyone some of it. Now that it is closer that everyone can get to it.

I am sorry lzb if I was not clear or I did not tell you what my intentions were. Which were to put a few of your corals in my tank to display. I was not going to sell anything I got from you. Also when you do get back to mobile and set your tank back up, you are welcome to have anything you want back that I got from you.

As for the people that do not like me I have no idea why I am a very likable person. To these people they must not know me at all. I think that as soon as I get rid of the things that I need to stop my business and clean up my house from all the tank stuff, I will not be coming to this website any more.

Maybe this thread was posted in the wrong forum if it needs to be changed or removed so be it. It has done me more bad then good at this point. DrHank if my post where in another forum you still would have something against me and I am still unclear of what that is. I have done nothing to you for you to have a grudge against me.