Anemone

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Anemone

Post by snoopdog »

I am thinking of picking up an Anemone from Rich's soon, any recommendations ? I want the best survival rate and something that is not going to wander its whole life.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i got a white sebae with purple tips and once i placed him, he stayed...maybe a bubble also, everytime i set them down, they stay also
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Ended up getting a Ritteri(sp) today from Rich and we will see how they do. I do not know much about a Sebae to know what to look for. I am too lazy to see how that stuff is spelled so be patient. Been out of school for too long.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Ritteri should be okay...just for those that don't know....a white sebae is BLEACHED from being in the bag too long (or whatever else may have gone wrong with it). If you do a search on them on the internet, you will find pics of them in the ocean as a nice warm brown.tan color. They are not supposed to be white.........

Sometimes you can save a bleached sebae, although I have never had any luck with it!

Elizabeth :cry:
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Rich's were white, when I aked him about being bleached he looked at me like I was kinda crazy.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

The Anemone I got from Rich perched on the front glass and hasnt budged, he is right at the water line.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.