I live in Pensacola

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

J Crew
Amoeba

I live in Pensacola

Post by J Crew »

just joined this forum and am hoping i can attend your next meeting in Mobile. if you don't allow out of state people, just let me know... i'll understand. but if you do, i'd love to come check it out!

my name is Jason and i've been married for about a year and a half. i just graduated from the university of west florida and i have three saltwater tanks. a 55 gallon reef, a 10 gallon hex seahorse tank (with no seahorses yet), and a 85 gallon hex fowlr. i'm glad i was shown this forum... it's cool knowing i can now talk to other reefers that live near by. peace :)
55 gallon reef:
10 gallon refugium, 85lbs LR, 75lbs aragonite sand: 3" DSB, cpr bakpak II w/ maxijet1200 upgrade, 2x175 10k MH and 2x110 vho, closed loop system w/ mag12 pump with two 1/2" sea swirls
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

welcome and we look forward to seeing you
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Welcome Aboard Jason!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Welcome Jason, of course you can join us. Next meeting will be a about a month from when you posted that message. Hope to see you on the message board alot
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Welcome aboard Jason.....

We take Out of Stater's..... Who knows we may need a place to bunk one night waiting on a fish order to come in over there! :P

Also gives us someone else to watch the sales papers over there for reef stuff. Always on the lookout for good tank deals!

See ya at the next meeting. 8)
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
J Crew
Amoeba

Post by J Crew »

awsome... sounds good. i'm looking forward to being at the next meeting. thanks :)
55 gallon reef:
10 gallon refugium, 85lbs LR, 75lbs aragonite sand: 3" DSB, cpr bakpak II w/ maxijet1200 upgrade, 2x175 10k MH and 2x110 vho, closed loop system w/ mag12 pump with two 1/2" sea swirls
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Just so I can keep up with publicity, how did you get the web site ? Waggy Tail pet store ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Welcome Jason........glad to have you here! We are a new club and welcome any new members and are open to suggestions and advice.

Glad you found us!

Elizabeth
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Glad to have you here. What kind of corals do you have? What are you planning on keeping? We are always interested in expanding the members. Are there any good stores that sell quality corals in your area?

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
J Crew
Amoeba

Post by J Crew »

snoopdog wrote:Just so I can keep up with publicity, how did you get the web site ? Waggy Tail pet store ?
i found it from reefcentral.com... rscotth gave me the link in the Alabama forum that they have over there.
Scott wrote:Glad to have you here. What kind of corals do you have? What are you planning on keeping? We are always interested in expanding the members. Are there any good stores that sell quality corals in your area?

Scott
yeah, there's a really nice store that i enjoy doing business with here in Pensacola. it's located downtown and it's name is Reefers Aquatics. they have a really nice store and are always very friendly when i visit. there's another store that i drop by sometimes because it's close to where i live called Reefscapes. they're really nice, but their store isn't as nice and thier advice isn't the best. peace :)
55 gallon reef: