couple of Scott's recent frags, and the elusive seacucumber!

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

couple of Scott's recent frags, and the elusive seacucumber!

Post by ShagMan »

Here's some pics for fun...

first one is a xenia snippet Scott gave me a few months back; it's actually SPLIT and seperated after it was attached to the frag, the xenia on the right just grew and totally seperated... if you look you'll see it's almost ready to split again and become three... these are quick growers!

second pic is a xenia oblongata (hope I got that right)... it's almost split into two as well, and as you can see from the blur, it's having a WONDERFUL time, and is really active. Thanks again scott!

And lastly, for some bizarre reason, my sea cucumber decided to show himself, so I got a quick & dirty flash picture of him... what a cool but reclusive guy.

-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Only thing to watch about Xenia is it will be the first coral to let you know there is a problem. When Xenia closes it can be very bad. I lost at least 40 stalks in one Xenia meltdown. It seems to grow at phenominal rates then crashes itself when it runs out of food.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Looking good. I hope that you keep the xenia pruned so it doesn't spread to other rocks. I peel it off and it grows back. Man, I wish I could get the coralline to grow like that.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Excuse the poor pic... I'm working with a kodak DC265, which is a 3+ year old digital camera.... but look at the progress on the Xenia... Scott, I see what you mean... it was like 1-2 days for the move on the latest split... I didn't know what happened until it was already on the other rock! As I posted in the meeting thread, I'll trade two of these (split the small rubble and make two frags, mounted) for just about anything. Let me know either here or via email/AIM/etc.

P.S. See my HUMUNGUS emerald crab? He's impressive, but seems to be totally harmless to the tank.
-Josh Murrah
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Man that Xenia looks familiar.... doesn't look familiar...

Hehe.....
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????