Check out Elizabeth's new tank!

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Check out Elizabeth's new tank!

Post by Scott »

Here is the link to some pictures, for those of you who don't know, it's Rich's 500 gallon. Sweet!

http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/forums ... tid=197614

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Awesome! I want to see it, but looks like RAQ is down for the day..dratz.
Good to hear that it turned out ok in the end.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

The server is back up now.

Scott
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

All I can say is... HOLY MOLY!
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am just curious on how she is going to move it ? I think it took 3-4 guys everytime it has been moved. From what I remember when the guy from "The Cabinet Shop" built that stand it partially had to be built inside the house. Seems like some of the trim has to be taken off. We should volunteer ourselves to help in case she needs it. Hell if she is smart she will seal the deal with a delivery :wink:
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Is it possible to find out what the cost was for each peice. It always seems like a mystery on how much he paid for the tank and getting the stand built. Did Elizabeth happen to say how much that bad boy was ?
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

She mentioned something like $2500 for the stand on RAG, but no idea on the whole package. Its beyond my means, I couldn't keep it up. It would take 4 400 or 1000 watt mh's. That's got to make the little power meter outside spin like mad. I'm guessing you would want a separate circuit for the thing because of all the power it would draw. Hell, just to fill it up the salt will be $150-200, don't even want to think what the additives will cost each month. I told my wife about the tank.. and she said really loudly.. "NO", so I can't get one anyways :( I'd love to see it when she gets it set up though.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

$5000 for the package. I have been out of town for a couple of days so I haven't been able to keep up with what is going on, but she is supposed to move it Tues or Wed.

Scott
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Weird/large tanks aside, does Rich typically sell standard glass tanks?
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Wow 5k, the price of the tank is out of my means, much less filling it up. Not to say that it would not be nice. Thing is I would have to quit all my other hobbies and that is not going to happen. I think the biggest I would even think of would be a 225 gallon. I think 175 would be about perfect though. But yes it would have to be on its own circuit by all means. The chiller will draw about 10-15 amps when it is on and depending on the ballast the light would more than likely have to be on there on breaker.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Don't know if this is the answer you are looking for or not Shagman but snoopdog posted this:
Also for anyone wanting an aquarium last time I was at Progressive, Rich had about 5-6 full setups for sale. I think he had two nice looking 100 gallon cube tanks. One for around $200 for tank, canopy and light and One fully done for 1k. Anyway I dont want another )
on this thread:
http://europa.lunarpages.com/~reefcr2/p ... c.php?t=18
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

The 100 gallon cube he had inside was gorgeous and fully setup for around a grand. The 100 cube outside is gonna need major cabinet work, the stain the guy put on it is horrid and will probably need to be stripped. But for $200 complete what would you expect anyway
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Oh to also answer your question, yes he does sell just new tanks and new setups. Everything comes from Oceanview in MS.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Wow for $200, I'd be happy to actually have the tank hold water LOL! Not bad, not bad... good for somebody that doesn't mind doing a bit of stripping/refinishing. What does a 100gallon cube look like... about 3' square?
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

The $200 dollar one is at Ocean View, they just put a new bottom glass on it.