meeting at aquaworks in pensacola

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

i've noticed the same...

I have gone to the various stores around town, and its waterworld that ever has any decent selection... but its not what i want to start off with...

I've made myself a promise no buying 30+ dollar corals until my tank is older... i just want to start off with free/cheap frags and go from there... probably stay away from the acros and stonies for a while.

Still 69.00 for a frogspawn?

kinda high isn't it?

mike
Fragum
Amoeba

Post by Fragum »

I was in ReefScapes this weekend and the lady in there said that the PCola airport is not letting in any live shipments right now for some reason. Thats why the stores have very limited selection of stuff.

I'll be there tomorrow, does anyone have anything in perticular that they want to trade?
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

She told me that 6 months ago when i stopped by and they had nothing. She said that for some reason their supplier was not sending stuff to pensacola but at the same time Aquaqworks and Aquaria were getting in stuff on a weekly basis. I don't know who they deal with but its been the same story since Ivan. They get fish but never any coral. I live about 2 miles from reefscapes so i stop in on a regular basis... every week, and they never have anything.
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

Hmmm

I know waterworld picked up some this week...
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

nothing to trade, yet

just going to meet folks

mike
medikall
Amoeba

Post by medikall »

Tim actually had a fair amount there last friday. I picked up a few things. I think he said he is going back out to LA to "cherry pick" that may be why he doesnt have much in stock right now. I should be there tomorrow and will have some cap frags.
Sean
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

The airport is no excuse. They can all receive at Pensacola. They just have to want to.

We are just stuck with it.

I will probably bring some nice purple rim cap pieces.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I am going to try and make it and have not decided what I am going to bring yet, but here is what I am thinking of Digitata, hydnaphora, ricordia, various zoas, green milli.
Fragum
Amoeba

Post by Fragum »

I spoke with Andy earlier and he brought up a good point, he mentioned that a printed out digital pic of what you are bring would be a good idea. As you know, frags shrink and are not what they seem to be when they are in bags or small containers.

I printed what I'm bringing.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

andy if you are gonna make it can you bring the socket and reflector im pretty sure by buddy steve will be there to get it from you

let me know if you are not gonna make it

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

110chadman wrote:andy if you are gonna make it can you bring the socket and reflector im pretty sure by buddy steve will be there to get it from you

let me know if you are not gonna make it

chad

Will do
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

My dad and I had a great time. There was a large turnout and I got a lot of nice frags. I just wanted to say thanks to Aqua works for hosting the frag swap.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

An excellent turnout. I wish I had brought frags. Tim did end up getting a few nice items in before the event as well.

Did we decide on a next meeting, format or organization?
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

I would have like to have been to the meeting (friday), but i was out of luck because i had to work. I can't wait till the next meeting cause i will be there with some nice pieces
medikall
Amoeba

Post by medikall »

Because I didnt really know where to post this, Tim just got back from LA and got a bunch of nice coral in.

Because I know there are several in here that like the Acan Lords he did get one of them in. It had something like 23 heads for lack of a better term right now.
Sean