meeting at aquaworks in pensacola

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

110chadman
Copepod

meeting at aquaworks in pensacola

Post by 110chadman »

hope this is an ok place to announce this if not yall can move it

aquaworks is having a meeting on august 5 at there store in pensacola fl the one next to cici's pizza

there will be a frag swap and equipt trade i think there is a limit like 3 things and no cash involved

ive got the sheet at home ill post more later tonight ( i just thought about it today)

so if any of the mobile folks want to come over come-on!!!!

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I'm going to have to stop by there this week and bitch about this.. :( I stop by at least once a week and they do this the only weekend I'm going out of town. :x

I need new frags and can't spend any money.. This would have been perfect.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

hell id like to get to mobile to go to one of the meetings but it seems that every weekend im either out of town or have made plans or there is a storm!!!!

chad
Fragum
Amoeba

Post by Fragum »

Is this a "for sure" gathering? If so, what time and any other details?

I'd like to post it in the panhandle forum and get a car pool together.

Thanks
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

as of right now it is when i get home ill post the details of time and location in detail it may be late tonight but ill get all the details

chad
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I just stopped by and yes they are having a meeting/frag swap the first weekend(friday I think?) of every month. I would hope they bring new stock in and frag it up but i don't know if they will... Tim wasn't there to ask about it and i didn't ask the other guy. I know Tim in the past hasn't been real eager to frag up coral. I've asked numerous times over the years.

On a side note he got some nice ricordia in. Just different variations of greens/blues/purples and oranges.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

First meeting is definitely FRiday, August 5, 2005. Begins at 7:00pm. There will be free pizza and drinks. About 30-45minutes of eating social, followed by 20 minute coral propagation lecture followed by frag/equipment swap.

Coral/equipment/fish swap is limited to 3 items per person. No money to change hands (probably tax BS) , however, the parking lot is not in the store and numbers can be traded.

I would attach the flyer, but I am a lazy SOB.

Phil
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

i was gonna post it up but i got home late from buying a new car
(had the same car 11 years !!!! )

i hope to get it posted up tonight

chad
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

I talked with Tim the other day, it doesn't appear he is going to actually frag anything, but he will have a class/demonstration on how-to.

Realistically, he is just going to give people a place to meet and swap (at least thats what I got out of it.)

I am planning on going, but since my tank just finished its cycle, I will have nothing to trade. So I guess I will go to listen.

Anyone else planning on going? If you are, and you have a few frags you just dont want to keep anymore, you can donate them :lol:

Anyhow, hopefully some others will show up.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Tim hasn't been one who likes to frag his coral. I'm not sure why sometimes. I stopped by yesterday just to look and there wasn't much in the store. I would think that if you are doing an event like this you would get some livestock in and at the same time frag it and sell or trade it. I'd be willing to buy a lot more when i visit a store if there are frags. I've given up on wild acro collonies(or aquacultured) because 4 of 5 that I bought in the last yr have died while all the frags I traded for or bought are all still alive.
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

Are you going to go?

I am worried that I'll be the only one there lol.

Tim mentioned that he has only heard from 2 people, who have offered to do teh admin duties of teh club.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

i still plan on going i thik a have a few large buttons and small zoa that i'm gonna bring to trade!!!

chad
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I'm not going to be in town. I still think that if its a club sponsored by his store he should frag up stuff to trade and sell. He would get more people to attend because he can get anything he wants.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

I will be there and may bring some frags. It is my understanding that he is not bringing in anything this week. His tanks are almost bare. It is a race here in Pensacola to see who can have the least livestock.

If they are not careful, it is going to be a race to see who goes out of business first.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Phil,

I still have that tort for you sometime. I did one treatment for the red bugs and have 2 more to do. When thats done I need to get you that frag.

I noticed the same thing about the places around town. The only one who ever has anything anymore is waterworld and I will not pay their prices. I think that the first one that would go out of business would be Reef Scapes. They haven't had anything in their store since Ivan. I guess they are focusing on tank maintenance. I haven't checked out Reefers in probably 6 months but i can't imagine that they have anything in the storage shed.