A few new pics

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

A few new pics

Post by Scott »

I finally got a few pics out of the 100 or so that I took. It seems that the only ones that turned out were the pieces that were close to the glass.
Attachments
Red Blastos
Red Blastos
Blasto 11 2005.jpg (97.06 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
Hitchhiker Ricordia.
Hitchhiker Ricordia.
hitchhiker ricordia 11 2005.jpg (51.14 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
Misc SPS pic
Misc SPS pic
Misc SPS 11 2005.jpg (118.71 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
New chalice
New chalice
New chalice 11 2005.jpg (127.51 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
Red chalice
Red chalice
red chalice 11 2005.jpg (48.92 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
Teal with pink eyes
Teal with pink eyes
Teal with pink eyes chalice 11 2005.jpg (145.27 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Those are great pics! I know I usually have to take a bunch to get a few good ones. :lol:
Those chalices are colorful, I see what you mean.
It's about time you posted some pics. :lol:
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I couldn't get pics that were somewhat in focus and shows the true color of the others. I will see if I can. The pink with the green base is my favorite probably because I have had it so long but I like them all. They are finally starting to grow good too.

That Ric just showed up on some LR. I haven't seen one like it yet.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Oh, it's that rare rainbow Riccordia....the one that would sell on Ebay for $110. :roll:

It really is pretty though, I like it when the good stuff just pops out of live rock. Do you feed those Chalices, like most LPS?
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I haven't fed them until recently but they have not put out many feeders until recently. Now I am feeding them twice a week. I have been feeding that Ricordia and the Favia that I got from Fishfood at the same time. Those are the only corals I feed though and I only feed them to see if it will help them grow out faster.

I don't know what kind of Ric it is. It is pretty small so I can't even tell if its a yuma or not. Hopefully it will get larger and retain it's colors. When it gets a little bigger I'll take some more pics.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

which favia are you talking about scott? that red moonstone that has the pink centers? I have a piece i fragged of that and it looks great. the main colony looks like crap though. I can't figure it out. The frag always has its polyps out also.

So they are selling rainbow ricordia for $100.... I think i might have a few of them.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Drew, that's the one. It is not that fast of a grower so I am feeding it when I can. It is still red centered and looks cool, that is why I want it bigger.

I looked at the Ric and it is definately a Yuma. I can't say that it is anything special though. I really don't know anything about them. All I know is I can never seem to get the ones that I like and they are the plain orange/blue R. florida. How about a pic of yours Drew.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I'd have to get a camera first. The one that i think might be a rainbow ricordia, if that is such a thing, I thought it was a solid blue one but when it got to my tank it changed color.

I think you are just going to have to make that trip to pensacola to check out my tank and Phil's tank. Mine is blah... Phil's looks good.

Do you still have that green and red blasto frag? That colony died on me, and my purplish one is also dieing on me. I'm not sure what happened. I can't complain because i got them for a real good price.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Yeah I still have it. The little polyp that was forming is more than half as big as the big polyp. I have been feeding it too now that it will take food. I think that my inability to keep the ca and alk good might be one of the reasons some of my stuff isn't growing as good as I would expect. When the Blasto gets big enough to frag I will gut you one off but that might be a while as slow as it grows now and you will never find another colony for that price. You would be doing good to find one for under $100 right now.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Well to go back on my ricordia that i was talking about... its not one of the ones that I see listed as a rainbow. The one i picked up today is similar to one of the rainbow ones though. Hot pink center with green around the edge. It wasn't exactly cheap but I'm hoping to get some cash back for this one down the road. With the rate my orange, green, and brown/green yuma's are growing this one should have multiple polyps in a month or two. It looks very similar to this:

http://www.frags.org/memberfragdetails.php?fid=4523
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Wow that is bad a$$ and I am not real big on rics. When ours grow up and split we will have to trade (if mine turns out to me nice that is).
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

The one you posted looks similar to the green one i have. It looked purple and green when it was small but turned into a purple/brown and green color. The one i just got seems like it will be green with hot pink stripes. It was a little bleached out so in a week or two I'll know the true color but it does have hot pink in it.

here are some more pictures of what the one i just got looks like:

I'm not sure which one it will look like exactly. Probably more like the second picture.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Wow, excellent pictures!
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

sb1227 wrote:Wow, excellent pictures!
Those were taken off of a web site. Both of those ricordia were going for $120 on that web site. If i can get them growing and make half of that per ricordia I should be able to sustain my reefing addiction.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I'm afraid that wouldn't do me much good. My rics seem to do great, they just don't split on there own.