Renewal Time

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Renewal Time

Post by snoopdog »

Ok guys renewal time is coming up for me real soon. I seriously need to lower our account at Lunarpages because the $400 a year is going to kill me in January after Christmas. If anyone has a personal website here that does not use it please let me know as we need the space.

Any file uploads done through the attachment panel prior to 6-2005 will probably have to be deleted because that folder is near 300mb. The actual forum itself uses very little space, it is the "fluff" that is killing us. The lowered plan will only run $100 a year and is more tolerable than $400.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Snoop if you need to cut anything like my pics in the gallery feel free.

Joe
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

i will go delete a bunch of pics off my gallery
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Only if you are not using them, and sometimes downloading the picture and putting it back up there helps a ton. If you signed up in the last year, then you have no problems. It is the people that have been on the forum from the beginning. The new gallery resizes our pictures and compresses them for us. New members do NOT go deleting pictures for no reason, you are really not helping that much. We just had some people with 1mb pictures, and quite a few causing problems.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

BTW I killed 400 megs just today. I found unused mailboxes, and some mailboxes with 40 gig of spam in them. I think we are sitting good now, so no one delete there pictures, I will get with one other person on an individual basis to get his resized.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

well i had a bunch on there that were old anyway. so I trashed most of them anyway. there all on my computer if i want to see them
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

It is just my opinion, but I feel all of us that really enjoy, visit, and learn here on the club, should in fact contribute to it. I for one will help you out Kevin. Lord knows I have benefited from the club. Let me know.
Come on, who else is going to chip in there?
Karen
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I will....just let me know what you need.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Now that's what I am talking about. Who else is going to step up. It's the season for giving you know!

Sue I enjoyed meeting your folks today, I just hate I was so busy at the time. We will try to get together before you go back to work! :wink:
Karen
lwready
Amoeba

Post by lwready »

How much and how?

Larry
Larry

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. Gandalf
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Ok Kevin the ball is in motion. How can we help you out with this bill. You don't need to be paying it all by yourself.
Karen
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

I'll contribute.

Phil
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am not one to ask for money. When I started this I always said I would not accept money nor would the website ever have annoying popups/spyware.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
lwready
Amoeba

Post by lwready »

Just let us help pay the overhead. 10 or 20 each is better than you paying 100, you could buy some reef stuff with what you save.
Larry

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. Gandalf
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

:D
Karen