March reef club meeting.

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

March reef club meeting.

Post by Scott »

The second Mobile area reef club meeting will be held Saturday March 8 starting between 6:30 and 7. It will be held at the home of Terry and Cliff at 10 North Julia Street in Mobile.

While Terry and Cliff are providing most of the stuff that is needed, we need some volunteers to bring ice, chips and anything else you might want. If you have any questions, want to volunteer to bring something and/or want to RSVP post here, e-mail me or call me at 680-2515. We will need to get an approximate head count for the meeting so we can provide enough food.

Thanks and we hope to see you all there,
Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I will be happy to bring something.....a dessert. Anything else I can do, please let me know!

Thanks,

Elizabeth :D
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I will bring a couple of bags of ice. No one else is commited to anything. Pick something and post it here. There is a possibility that there may be 10 more people here this meeting than last, so more than one person may need to bring the same thing.

Post what you want to bring here and I will arrange it with the others.

Scott
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

+2
My wife and I are looking forward to being there! I'll bring something for a raffle.. some nice damsels (haha)

I will bring a vegetable dish and some chips. Anything else someone can think of let me know.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Errr I guess I will bring nachos and maybe ruffles, some dip too...and anything that the wife can think of. I will bring some 2 liter drinks too.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i'll bring me!..hehehe, jk, i'll grab some chips, and cups and stuff...
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Ummm 10 more people than last time???? there aren't that many saltwater tanks in Mobile :)

+ 2 here.... Snoop already said we would bring chips or what ever but if you need anything specific please let me know and I will pick it up...
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Well, considering last time there were only 9 adresses on the e-mail and this time there is 12. Last time 2 people that were invited didn't show up and one persons neighbor and my brother-in-law and some spouses it's not totally out of the question. I did just pick that number off the top of my head, , but it seems close.

Scott
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Anyone have directions for tomorrow night?
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Only from the Email that Scott sent:

The second meeting of the Mobile area reef club is going to be held Saturday, March 8. It will begin between 6:30 and 7 p.m. The address is 10 North Julia Street. Here is a map: http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat= ... ap=Get+Map
The street is narrow but there will be parking in a small lot across the street. Terry and Cliff will be providing the meat, salad and drinks. We will need volunteers to bring ice, chips, side dishes, dessert and anything else you think we may need. Please e-mail me, call me at 680-2515 or visit the discussion at: http://europa.lunarpages.com/~reefcr2/p ... c.php?t=32
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Count me in... If i need to bring anything specific...lemme know. Otherwise I will come up with something. :wink:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

I'm wondering if out of the 20 or so people we have gathering, if someone (or several) could do me a favour.

I know there has to be a few of you who have excess coraline growth ie...on the glass etc... If it's possible, could you scrape a little off and just toss it in a baggie w/ some water?

I want to try to introduce more/different strads of corraline to my tank.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I'll bring you a rubble chunk (1-2" cube size), covered in whatever color you want, as long as you want generic deep purple or a flourescent-like yellow-green. For some reason, I can grow corelline like CRAZY. I'll also bring a few small red sea Xenia frags attached to rubble tomorrow if somebody'll trade me something for 'em.
-Josh Murrah
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Can grab a bit out of my little tank.
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't now if anyone noticed on my tank site...but 90% of my rock is base...the few nice pieces I have have some new corraline growth but small spots. I've got a pretty steady Cal/Alk and the stuff is growing some, I just thought jump starting it couldn't hurt.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"