One of many major problems in our hobby

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

No. They were kidding.

Do not add bleach to your system. It will kill your tank rather quickly.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

This was said in jest...at one point roundup was suggested...Bleach will kill the whole tank....sorry if you did not pick up on the satire.... :shock:
SadaAesix
Amoeba

I shudder to think

Post by SadaAesix »

Wow I sure hope no one added bleach to thier systems.:(
Water travels the path of least resistance, be more then water.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

hey guys and gals....I am on my way back from Russia via tokyo and hope alll is well on the coast...keeping my eyes on the storms so to speak...hope you are still having meetings but have not seen many posts of any...take care...terry
Anjel
Amoeba

Not dosing...

Post by Anjel »

I also do not dose anything. I recently (almost a year now) acquired a skimmer with the new set up. Before that, only water changes. I think that when a lot of people dose, they believe it will produce a better outcome or short cut to what they wish to have on the advise given by someone or something and not researching it themselves. I have seen people recommend different creatures and chemicals for algae only to worsen the problem because the cause was not looked for/found. Most of the problems were not created overnight, so why should one believe that a chemical/inhabitant will cure it overnight? Granted, my tank is not on the larger side, as most seem to have here, but I think the same rules still apply.