Do we have a 'real' group here?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

pheonixsoul25
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: Do we have a 'real' group here?

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

Xster do you still have a tank ? and andy is talking about having a meeting next month some time i hope new in the hobby and loving seeing new tanks and talking to people in to the hobby. :D
100 gallon mixed reef
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

No...I do not have a tank at this time...but I am seriously thinking about setting up another big one....maybe a cube off some sorts. been kinda out of it after Katrina took out my tank at home and the two tanks at the business.

Just FYI, I reside in New Orleans now, with a seafood wholesale business in Intracoastal City (south of Lafayette). Got three kids now...one was a result of Katrina and the third one..the result of Ike. Darn hurricanes....gotta take my frustration out on something :twisted: . Katrina took alot of material things from me....but Katrina also gave me my only girl, Milan Lourdes Nguyen :D .
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Xster wrote:Amyjoe, if I remember correctly....I killed one of your plants????? I am truly sorry....wait.... was that Shaun's (SaltnLime) house? I don'tt remember....oh well....
That was Shawn's house.

You had a killer setup, I hate to hear that. I mean you had access to the back of the tank from the garage and that nice sitting area........
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Thanks Kevin....wanted to ask you a quick question....I remember that each member had a gallery of sorts on mbrk.com. I was wondering if there were any pics of my tank/setup at home archived anywheres??

And to answer the topic of the thread....one thing i knew for sure......my 2 cents....Before Katrina.....we had a 'real' group on mbrk.com and it was a great thing to be a part of.

One of the reasons, that I found MBRK again....I am seriously considering setting up a tank again. I still have most of my old hardware.....and maybe will downsize from the 280. maybe just lps and softies?? I dont know yet...
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yes, they are still there. It just got to be a pain in the ass integrating it into the board....everytime there was an update I had to do a bunch of code changes. I had made a copy of the files before we were hacked, yet again.

I am copying everyones folders back over right now, i will present a link when it is done.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Xster wrote:....I am seriously considering setting up a tank again. I still have most of my old hardware.....and maybe will downsize from the 280. maybe just lps and softies?? I dont know yet...
Great minds think alike. That is why Jason and I started posting again.

Have you heard from Terry recently?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Xster wrote:Thanks Kevin....wanted to ask you a quick question....I remember that each member had a gallery of sorts on mbrk.com. I was wondering if there were any pics of my tank/setup at home archived anywheres??
http://www.mbrk.com/gallery2
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey Scott...no i have not heard from Terry at all