Bring back the interest meeting in August

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Normally, yes.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Dxtr wrote:Will frags be OK in a little baggie for 5-7 hours?
Frags should be fine in a baggie for that amount of time. I have seen some frags last days in a bag of water.
Last edited by andy4499 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

okies. Thanks I should have about 2-3 xenia frags, 1-2 colt, 2 mushrooms, and a zoa or two to trade. looking forward to meeting some of you. thanks Andy.

dxtr
Peace! - Dxtr
enteri_00
Amoeba

Awesome

Post by enteri_00 »

Andy,

You know I am in and I would be totally up to meeting new people as I am a new person...if you need any help setting up man give me a ring you have my number.

Also, you know I need to frag my finger leather so hopefully some people can take this beast off my hand for me and maybe I can get a few more frags.

Itinerary sounds good.

James
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

Ok all. I have had a few people interested inthe deep red colt coral I have, so i wanted to let you all know that I will hopefully be bringing 4 frags of the colt to the meeting. Provided we are still having one. :lol:

I will also have a single blue and single orange shroom, and possibly 3-5 pom pom xenias also.

I also have acquired about 2000 baggies that are perfect for frag trading and shipping. I have access to boxes of 1000's of them if anyone is interested. they are approx 12" tall by 4-5 " wide. I'll bring my frags in them so you can see what they look like and let me know if you want some.

dxtr
Attachments
Frags 1.jpg
Frags 1.jpg (127.4 KiB) Viewed 4274 times
Frags 2.jpg
Frags 2.jpg (119.47 KiB) Viewed 4274 times
Peace! - Dxtr
Buzz
Amoeba

Post by Buzz »

Dxtr,

That bright red colt is still catching my eye. I would love to get a frag. But don't want to take away from anyone else at the meeting.

I'm still planning on buying 1 piece of coral and 2-3 frags to give away as door prizes at the meeting. Any suggestions? (Elegance....Nope...unless someone's having a reallllllly good sale)

Later,
Buzz
Endeavor to Persavere
(Hang in There)
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

Since I do not have Mh yet, I am partial to softies, zoas, shrooms, etc.

However, I know we have other members here that are keeping SPS and LPS. I'll be fragging 1-2 more of the red colt as I think I may be a popular frag at the meeting. :wink: :lol:

All other colt coral I have seen are pale pink. Does that seem common?

dxtr

ps - Andy - if there is something I can assist you with for the meeting please let me know. Thanks
Peace! - Dxtr
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I have not finalized what we will have to eat but I am leaning towards Chili or hamburgers & hot dogs. We will need soft drinks & finger foods. I may think of some other things later that we may need.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

Andy,

everything still a go for the meeting on the 19th? What time, and would you like me to bring anything? other than some frags of course.

dxtr
Peace! - Dxtr
enteri_00
Amoeba

19 a go?

Post by enteri_00 »

Andy,

I remember you saying the 19th, still thinking about bringing a low fat spinach dip that is out of this world good...what do you think about that?

james
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Yes we are still on for the meeting being on the 19th. James that will be great to bring.

I think we will serve chilly or a shrimp Creole (Terry’s Recipe) I will finalize this by this week end. Does anyone have a preference on these two choices? I think that we have plenty of silverware. We will still need drinks, cups bowls, chips, appetizers (pigs in a blanket have been a hit in the past), deserts or anything else that you can think of that you might want to bring. If anyone wants to bring alcohol for them selves you can. No drugs please J. If you plan to bring something please post and let everyone know so someone does not bring the same thing.
enteri_00
Amoeba

Post by enteri_00 »

CHILI SOUNDS GOOD!!!! And the spinach dip will be brought...other than that man give me a holla if you need anything.
HAMsmith
Amoeba

Post by HAMsmith »

I can bring the cups plus I can make a dessert dish.
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

I'll grab some Cola products on my way over.

Chilli would be good. (hold the mysis please) :lol:

Should we list the frags we are planning on bringing, or do a pot-pouri (sp?) free for all trade?

dxtr
Peace! - Dxtr
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

I can bring an appetizer, maybe some tomatoe based bean dip with some nacho chips? It's really good!