Bring back the interest meeting in August

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

SadaAesix
Amoeba

If I can do anything

Post by SadaAesix »

Hey, if I can do anything or bring anything, please just ask and I will see what I can do.
Also I was thinking about funds for upcoming events and other meetings. I think it would be awesome to sell tickets for a couple bucks and let someone win a real nice colony, coral, fish, or invert.

The money earned could go for other things like diving trips and the like.
Just a thought. :)
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Ok the meeting is just a couple of days away. I am surprised no one has asked for directions yet. Well here they are if anyone needs them. Our address is 602 Farnell Ln. Mobile, AL 36606.

From Pensacola or Mississippi
Take I-10 to I-65 Exit. Go East (Right) off of this exit. You will go down about 1-2 miles and turn left at the 3rd stoplight. At this intersection you will see Colonel Dixie & a BP gas station on the left. This road is Present valley road. Go down about ½ a mile and turn right onto Farnell Ln. You will then go over 2 speed bumps. After you go over the 2nd speed bump we are the 3rd houses on the left.

If you get lost or need help finding us please call us at (251) 978-4517 or (251) 479-4988

It is final on food we will serve Chili

Here is what I have for people that will be bringing things.
Suziq21 tomatoe based bean dip & nocho chips (appetizer)
Dxtr Cola products
HAMsmith dessert
Enteri_00 spinach dip

If anyone else plans on bringing anything please call me and let me know because we will be picking up what is needed tomorrow and I may not check the site until late tomorrow. We will still need cups, bowls, chips and what ever else you may want to bring.

If everyone would like to list what he or she might be bringing to trade that would be fine by me. For some door prizes I may have a hydnophora and some zoo frags and may be a few other things.

SadaAesix if you want to do something like an auction that that is fine by me. I will pick up some tickets for door prizes and if you want to use some of them for that I have no problem with that.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

I can bring some chaeto and I may have a montipora to bring. That's about all I have available to trade at the moment. I'll have more this fall once things grow up a bit more and I learn how to frag everything.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

We're not sure yet. If we can make it , we can bring salmon dip, ice and corals.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
enteri_00
Amoeba

Post by enteri_00 »

I will be bringing a couple of frags from my devils finger leather (guaranteed to grow big in the right environment) and a devils hand frag since it doesn't want to grow in my tank. Hope to trade with someone and get some new corals as I am new at this and hope to get some new stuff...see you all there
HAMsmith
Amoeba

Post by HAMsmith »

I'll be there with the dessert and I can also bring cups. On the coral side I'm bringing 2 kinds of zoanthids and a couple small green mushroom frags. I'll try and post pics tonight.

Unfortunately my wife has to work so she will not be coming.
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

I should have 2-4 red colt frags and possibly some shroom also.
Peace! - Dxtr
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Dxtr - I'm not going to make it but wouldn't mind a frag of that colt. I sent you a PM a few weeks ago about it.
Bkndsdl
Amoeba

Post by Bkndsdl »

I can have a few frags of yellow toadstool, yellow star polyps, cabbage leather, green mushroom or two, some devil's hand, and a blue zoo frag.

Dxtr, I've got your green sinu frag ready.....it's pretty big now. Any chance I can get a frag of that red colt to go w/that blue mushroom? :wink:
-Mike
http://bkndsdl1.home.mchsi.com/
Why do we park in a driveway, and drive on a parkway?
There is NO SUCH THING as a hot water heater.
reefman8471
Amoeba

Meeting

Post by reefman8471 »

Dxtr, do you have any of your pom pom xenia left?

James
There are no problems; only solutions.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Well the tanks are all ready to go and are looking great. I fraged up a bunch of things and I may trade a few things. I even fraged up a superman monti :o The house is still needs a little cleaning but it should be picked up in time. I also picked up a roll of tickets for some door prizes. Well I look forward to meating everyone and seeing some old faces. If anyone needs has any questions about anything please call me or email me. See everyone on saturday.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

Yes to both, sorry forgot to include:

Colt - 3-4 frags, couple will not be attached to rock
pompom xenia - 3-4 frags on rocks
blue shrrom attached to rock
purple shroom pieces - not attached

anyone want some neon green star polyps?

If i can fran anything else today I will bring also.

edit - Fishfood - yes. I can get you a frag of the colt. I'll get with you this weekend if you are available.
Peace! - Dxtr
GeoGriffin
Amoeba

Post by GeoGriffin »

I will be coming with Suzi. I dont plan on bringing anything however if someone is intrested and has something neat to trade, I could bring a polyp or 2 my green & lavander Protoplaythoa. See yall tommrow.
Attachments
group_shot.jpeg
group_shot.jpeg (49.91 KiB) Viewed 4552 times
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

And if anyone from Milton/Pace/Pensacola wants to carpool w/ me and Griffin, please give me a call!
Suzi 850-529-8252
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

Great meeting! Thank you Andy and Andy's wife for hosting! It was really great meeting everyont and I am looking forward to the next meeting, wether in Mobile or Crestview.

The Acro's I got are already opened and the Mh aren't even an yet! :D

I'll post some pictures when the wife gets the camera back to me. Let me know how the Red Colt Frags are doing! 8)

Thanks again!
Peace! - Dxtr