Bring back the interest meeting in August

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Bkndsdl
Amoeba

Cudos to Andy & Wife!

Post by Bkndsdl »

Great meeting, Andy! Very informative with the fragging tips! I got some great frags, and put faces to those that I've been e-chatting with for quite some time now.

Everyone who got frags from me - keep me posted on how they do!

Everyone I got frags from - thanks, and I'll keep you posted on their progress!

I look forward to the next meeting!
-Mike
http://bkndsdl1.home.mchsi.com/
Why do we park in a driveway, and drive on a parkway?
There is NO SUCH THING as a hot water heater.
SadaAesix
Amoeba

Great hosts and great company

Post by SadaAesix »

Thanks to Andy & Cassie for hosting a great meeting and allowing other members to meet and greet. I appreciated it immensely. Loved your tanks, love the x-mas tree rock too.
Thanks again, Sada
reefman8471
Amoeba

Meeting

Post by reefman8471 »

Thanks once again Andy and Cassie. Fabulous meeting. This is basically what the MBRK meetings should be about. Not that talking about other things and generally getting to know other people outside their interest in the hobby is a bad thing. I encourage that too but the meetings should be centered around the hobby. That is why we have the forum. Thanks.

James and Karen
There are no problems; only solutions.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Well I am glad that everyone had a great time at the meeting. I would have to say that this meeting was the best one that I have ever been to and the only one that not one alcoholic drink was opened. I also wanted to thank everyone that came to the meeting and made it a success. I noticed that you were calling my wife cassie but her name is Crissie :lol: . Crissie said she was sorry that she did not spend a lot of time at the meeting because she was trying to keep the dogs quiet.
Last edited by andy4499 on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Here are some pictures that I tock of the people that were at the meeting. Daniel took a ton of pics of the tanks, if he could post some pics of my tanks that would be great.
Attachments
P8181335.JPG
P8181335.JPG (68.58 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
P8181336.JPG
P8181336.JPG (67.24 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
P8181337.JPG
P8181337.JPG (67.48 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
P8181338.JPG
P8181338.JPG (73.05 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Mr James
Amoeba

Post by Mr James »

Hey folks, Andy especially, thanks for allowing some of us Floridians to cross the boarder and come to your meeting. Talk about a turnout!! Wheew!! I can't wait till we can get our two clubs together for some mud wrestling or co-ed naked.... errr.... oops, sorry wrong forum. Anyway, I had a great time and took home some sweet corals. All of my corals were open within 15 minutes of being acclimated. We'll have you over some time for a meeting and maybe some more frag trading.

Good way to find us: If you are registered over at Reef Central, we are here (I am Mr James there too): http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forum ... orumid=379
enteri_00
Amoeba

Post by enteri_00 »

Had a fabulous time at the meeting it was really interesting getting to meet everyone and see all the different frags...I appreciate the mushrooms I got, Glued them right to the rock I call my mushroom rock and with the tips I got from just talking I will be trying to make more mushrooms....mushrooms galore..unfortunetly for me...any of the frags I got for some reason or another didn't make it...big bummer for me I was super dissapointed...I think I got so excited about them that I didn't even pay attention where I put them next morning found the xenias resting in the frogspawn all torn up and the star polyps gone... :( but the chaeto looks good...HEHE...oh well maybe I can get more help next time and maybe a few more frags...sigh...but it was fun...till next time
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Now we need the pictures labeled with names and arrows !
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Buzz
Amoeba

Post by Buzz »

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say how nice it was meeting everyone. Its really cool putting faces with names. Thanks again Andy for having us in your home. I look forward to having everyone over to our home in Daphne.

Later,
Buzz
Endeavor to Persavere
(Hang in There)
Bkndsdl
Amoeba

Post by Bkndsdl »

-Mike
http://bkndsdl1.home.mchsi.com/
Why do we park in a driveway, and drive on a parkway?
There is NO SUCH THING as a hot water heater.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Andy the whole "Cassie" thing was making me wonder...
hcakebox
Amoeba

Post by hcakebox »

I have a 55 galon aquarium. My Tank has a lot of green hair algae.
My Phosphate and Nitrate are low. What I could do.
Also I will like to excahnge with others I live at Alabaster, Alabama
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

You kind of posted in an established thread regarding a new subject. As a first post I would start a new thread in a related category with your problem, and maybe a little something about yourself and your tank.[/quote]
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate