Board staying up.

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Board staying up.

Post by snoopdog »

After a month of thinking heavily on the subject, and trying to weigh out both ends, I am bringing the board down. I have totally lost interest in keeping it going, the updates, spam, maintenance have made it to where it is more work than fun. It has been a learning endeavor if nothing else, and fun most of the time. When the board started years ago it was supposed to be a "group" effort and 95% of the orginal members are either no longer in the hobby or MIA.

I have no ETA on when I am actually bringing it down, probably within the week, up to two weeks. I would suggest that any of us that want to keep in touch plan on frequenting something like reefcentral that have local message boards.

If you have pictures saved or in the gallery and want them, please download them now.
Last edited by snoopdog on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

Sorry to hear this Snoop. But kudos to you for sponsoring such a great board for so long! Thanks to you and everyone here who has been kind enough to answer all my newbie questions.
Suzi
oddball
Amoeba

Post by oddball »

Thank you for keeping it up as long as you did. It allowed me to learn a lot about saltwater aquariums just from searching the old posts.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

See change in status.... board is staying up...
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Aaron
Amoeba

Post by Aaron »

I have a website for my business, and I wouldn't mind hosting a board for the mobile bay reefkeepers. The only thing is I am a rookie. I got into the saltwater addiction about two years ago, and I currently have a 125 g in-wall reef/fish. It's got a dart closed loop (switched from a barracuda), pan world sump return, ASM skimmer, and T5 lighting with lunar lights. I custom-built it with the exception of the tank. It has clowns, yellow and blue tangs, sailfin, flame angel, coral beauty, hawkfish, diodema, and a copperband butterfly. It also has some clams, red and green open brains, green-stripe mushrooms, colts, umbrella, and anemone. I will post some pictures someday if this board still exists. Anyway, I would need some parameters on hosting and probably some guidance. Let me know. thanks. aaron
redpheonix
Copepod

up or down

Post by redpheonix »

so is the board staying up or is it going down?
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

The board is staying up Kevin just hasn't had time to retract the info placed here.
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????