Wrasse pics

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

Wrasse pics

Post by sb1227 »

So they aren't the best but if any of you have ever tried to take a pic of a wrasse, you'll understand. :lol:
First two are a Paracheilinus McCoskeri: McCoskers Flasher
Third pic is a Cirrhilabrus Lubboki :Lubbocks Fairy ( With a nip on this Caudal fin, story later. :)
Attachments
Lubbocks.jpg
Lubbocks.jpg (65.95 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
McCoskers.jpg
McCoskers.jpg (59.72 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
McCoskers2.jpg
McCoskers2.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Very nice but you have to keep working on training them to hold still and smile for the camera. Don't forget you're supposed to tell me a wrasse story. :lol:
Doc :D
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

The Lubbocks do well in groups from what I've read. Great small wrasse that will swim within the branches of acros and pick at bugs in them... should you get any. You need to go back and get the multi color one.

How is the other wrasse acting towards them? Most times my one of my established wrasse will attack for about 24 hours and then not even know they are in the tank.

When is the tang going back in with them? I hate tangs just for that reason. They always have to mess with the new guys.

As for pictures, maybe you will get a chance to see my cardinals breeding when you have them. The male is typically carrying eggs every 2 - 3 weeks. I'm not sure how much of a shock it will be moving them to your tank but hopefully you can get a picture.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

For those who don't know the story I'll post it in a new thread, going to ask for opinions on the Tang. They are getting along quite well, with a little normal chasing going on, everyone seems to have picked their "spot". What kind of Cardinals are they? I've seen posts but can't remember.....