Spring Meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Phisher
Hermit Crab

Spring Meeting

Post by Phisher »

Long time no see for some of you, most names I don't even recognize!

I just wanted to test the waters (pun intended!) and guage interest in having a meeting in March/April. For those who don't remember the meetings of years past, I sort of went "stand and talk with the group of people you know while others do likewise." There was no organized activities for "force interaction" between members so it was difficult to get to know everyone and awkward for new people.

Maybe we try a different approach? People were afraid to organize the club/meetings for what I understood, "that it would take away the fun and make it too political." Maybe we could try for somewhere in between. A few ideas:

1. Name tags with name and mbrk handle
2. Some kind of group activity
3. Hate to say this but, LESS BEER
4. Brief intro of yourself and you setup at every meeting

I would be willing to offer my home for this meeting but I realize that geographically speaking this might be a burden for many. That being said, I would be more than happy to cohost or help in anyway I can.

Lets make this back into a club, not just an online forum.

Joe
[/list]
reefman8471
Amoeba

meeting

Post by reefman8471 »

I am all for the more organized approach. I think that what Andy did last August was terrific. It made it feel like a reef aquarium meeting instead of just a party. I am not opposed to parties or even having some alcohol at the meetings but there must be some organization. I remember the first one I went to and while there are many nice people on the forum it was difficult to get acquainted with most people.

James
There are no problems; only solutions.
Buzz
Amoeba

Meeting

Post by Buzz »

I think you just described the meeting we had at Andy's house late last year. Being my first meeting, I really enjoyed meeting everyone and hearing stories on how they got started. The frag swap was pretty cool too. I think most of the people at the meeting were new to the hobby. I would love to meet some of the ones who have been around this hobby for years.

Buzz
Endeavor to Persavere
(Hang in There)
coastieslk
Amoeba

Post by coastieslk »

sounds good to me I've been hoping to get to go to one
any one looking to trade frags
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

What day and what time? I will try to be there since I am having reef withdrawals. Hopefully if I am not out of town working I can get my tank ready for a meeting soon too. If I do get sent off maybe I can host later in the year.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Scott looks like we are lacking a host, much less a day and time.

Las t meeting I hosted fell flat because I live so far from everyone else. Hoping someone will step up.

Joe