Goodbye for now (and Thanks to all)

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Goodbye for now (and Thanks to all)

Post by Amphiprion »

It is about time I moved on from my longstanding job at B&B Pet Stop, Inc. to bigger, greener, and brighter pastures that are more conducive and pertinent to my field. I would really like to thank all the wonderful people who made me their "go-to guy" and I appreciate their confidence in me and their kindness. It was people like you who made my stay there the more pleasant part and I must admit that I enjoyed every second of helping everyone out (as well as their livestock). There are other reasons for leaving, mainly clashes in beliefs, but that is not relevant here, so I won't discuss it further. I still plan to visit the board here (among others) just as often, so I won't completely drop off the face of the earth :lol: . Once again, I just want to thank everyone who dropped by for making those 5 years an enjoyable experience on the whole.

Andrew
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Going to another fish shop ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Well, I'd like to, but I have to do something that involves my field a bit more and gives me a better chance for research. I may actually be interning at the Georgia Aquarium, though I haven't gotten replies yet. If I don't, then I will find a clinic that services aquatic animals and probably work there. If that ever falls through, then I always have a good, old-fashioned veterinary office nearby (plenty of them). I am pretty excited and hope I can get into the GA program.
Andrew

smork81
Amoeba

Post by smork81 »

That is awesome! Good luck on the Georgia aquarium intern!!
Oh noes but who will I talk to from B&B to let me know what's going on!
We just met..and I just started posting here! you can't leave us! hehe j/k
Hope you do well in whatever you will be doing.
_nika
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

did you ever think about any place other than the Georgia Aquarium. Thats the kind of stuff I wanted to do when I came down here for school but didn't stick with the marine bio field, went the way of environmental science. In a way I'm wishing I stuck with what i wanted to do but I look at an ex of mine. She did the marine bio thing, studied in indonesia for a month and was working for the florida fish and wildlife conservation or something like that in south florida. She got out of it and is now a Science teacher near Ft. Myers.

Anyway I recenlty found out that a wife of an alumni of my fraternity works as a marine mammal trainer somewhere in florida. I don't know either of these individuals but could always try to get some info.
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

Good luck Andrew.

Jeff
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Well....You did the best you could. And you made quite a difference, from what I saw. :lol: I'm glad to see you moving on, gotta broaden those horizons!

Just as long as you keep checking here, who else can I send all those ranting messages to? Besides, I need someone to take some of those lovely plants I seem to find so often.

Good for you. I certainly wish you the best of luck. :)
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Thank you all. Smork81, don't worry--I'll still be on here, lol. If you ever have a question, let me know. I am always happy to help. Sue, I'll still take all the plants I can fit in the tank, which will be plenty once I clear them out this time.
Fishfood wrote:did you ever think about any place other than the Georgia Aquarium. Thats the kind of stuff I wanted to do when I came down here for school but didn't stick with the marine bio field, went the way of environmental science. In a way I'm wishing I stuck with what i wanted to do but I look at an ex of mine. She did the marine bio thing, studied in indonesia for a month and was working for the florida fish and wildlife conservation or something like that in south florida. She got out of it and is now a Science teacher near Ft. Myers.

Anyway I recenlty found out that a wife of an alumni of my fraternity works as a marine mammal trainer somewhere in florida. I don't know either of these individuals but could always try to get some info.
Hi, thanks. I am actually going to specialize further and get my veterinary degree, with another degree in marine bio. Most schools have dual programs nowadays where you can get your DVM and simultaneously do research to get your Ph.D., which is sort of what I wanted to do. That is why I want to go to the GA, since they have that state of hte art aquatic veterinary facility. I likely won't deal too much with mammals, although it will probably come as part of formal training. My primary focus would be ichthyological veterinary medicine, which has lots of open ground and is in dire need of more people in it (as well as research).
Andrew