Kalkwasser....Hack, cough, sputter

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Kalkwasser....Hack, cough, sputter

Post by Amphiprion »

For everyone who uses kalkwasser, please, please be careful. I was trying to conglomerate a few containers into one bag and suddenly the bag burst (guess it was a little too full) and sent kalkwasser everywhere and made a giant white dust cloud. I got such a big lungful of the stuff that I started choking, etc. Now all my sinuses, throat (maybe lungs) are inflamed. It sorta feels like a cold w/ sore throat. I think I might end up going to the doctor to see if he has anything to relieve it a bit. So do yourselves a favor and watch the stuff. I have been using it for a long, long time and this suddenly happened. I just feel stupid now. :oops:
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Don't think about going to the Doctor. Go to the Doctor! That's a chemical irritant that can cause respiratory damage if left untreated. Go.
Doc :D
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

I know, I went anyway (I really planned on doing it to begin with). It already irritated every respiratory mucous membrane possible--I was worried about caustic burns more than anything. The M.D. said I'd be fine, just with the cold like symptoms for a couple of days. Gave me a soothing nasal spray and antiseptic, so that helps that.
Andrew

DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Glad to hear it. Just remember no more sniffing Kalk!
Doc :D
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Ditto. :lol: Powders tend to be bad for mucus membranes.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Not to mention the awkward fact that I was choking, sniffing, and stumbling outside the garage with a very large sack of a suspicious white powder carefully and tediously apportioning it into neat little bags 8) :lol: . Now I know why the neighbors look at me strangely and don't talk much. Honestly, I was waiting for the police to show up and me to have to hand all of that kalkwasser over to them (only for them to end up being the idiots after a chemical test). I will have to do that kind of stuff not only more carefully, but more covertly :roll: .
Andrew

sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

LMAO!!! Well said. :P
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

WOW, that is hilarious Andrew.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Andrew,

What a mishap. Are you doing any better? I sure hope so!!

Andy
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Thanks Andy, and yes, I am doing much better. The only thing left is a slight sore throat and even it is subsiding. All will be well except for my public record :shock: :roll:
Andrew

sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

*still laughing* Ah, but the story was priceless. These things happen to the best of us. I applaud your willingness to share. :P