piping?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

underwaterblues
Amoeba

piping?

Post by underwaterblues »

i have a 75 gallon reef ready tank..it was made by the company in mississippi but i dont have the piping.is there any way i can go about getting the piping? :?
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Is it just pvc you need?
underwaterblues
Amoeba

yeah and the bulk heads..when i got the tank it came with everything but i had to take it down i had to cut the pipe..i was just wondering if you could get the pipe already cut and put together like it was when i got it.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

I doubt you could find anything that required no cutting or modifying. Pvc is pretty easy to work with, if you are handy at all you could try to do it yourself. Its also cheap if you mess up and start over you won't be out much money.

On the other hand, you could find a store like Progressive Marine that does set ups and maintenance services that would do the plumbing for you.

Joe
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Are you talking about the drain and return piping that goes inside the overflow or the plumbing to and from the sump?
underwaterblues
Amoeba

the piping inside the overflow box... both pipes
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

You can order a durso standpipe made to fit your box. Honestly though, they're simple to make yourself. Here's Richard Durso's page, he gives instructions to build one or I believe they'll still make them for you if you want to do it that way.
http://www.dursostandpipes.com/

Bulkheads you can order online anywhere, Marine Depot has them and so do alot of LFS.