African Cichlids

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Squirrelboy
Amoeba

African Cichlids

Post by Squirrelboy »

I know its a saltwater forum but Im working on an African Cichlid tank and I know very little about them especially compatibility of the different kinds of African Cichlids if anyone has any advice for me on types that go together or on how to keep them together, I have a 30 gallon and im trying to keep some smaller guys in there any advice would be greatly appreciated.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Your best bet would be to do a search on them. You shouldn't have any trouble finding tons of info on them. I know there are quite a few people in this area that are A.C. nuts, but I tend to do South American FW tanks, so am not much help. They are bright, interesting fish and you'll love having them. I'll see if I can ask some people I know for info. If I find anything I'll let you know.

Sue
Squirrelboy
Amoeba

African Cichlids

Post by Squirrelboy »

Yea they are beautiful fish they are actually my girlfriends and Ive always steered clear of them because of their aggressive nature but we found a little info on them at the bookstore and I get to see a picture of their natural habitat and I tried to mimic that and build more caves and the fish she has now have stopped killing each other, they were evil before that though one had killed a pleco about the same size as the cichlid, thank God for my saltwater tank needed it to calm my nerves after dealing with those damn cichlids :)
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

I know this is an old thread but I just have to say...

I LOVE CYNOTILAPIA AFRA!!! :o

I have a pair in my 55 Mbuna set-up and they're mis favoritos! :)