This just ain't my week.

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

strout
Copepod

This just ain't my week.

Post by strout »

I am trying to find 3 quality show pieces of with some size for my tank, with not much luck. Anyway a lady in another forum I am in sent me a link that she gets her LR from,

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant ... e=Liverock

So I call them and I order three pieces, they only sell two kinds Figi and Timora, told them I didnt care which they sent to me as long as they were large and nice looking, Here is the E-mail I sent them today:

I ordered Live rock from you, told you I wanted three nice large pieces, didn't care what it cost within reason, they asked what type of LR I wanted, I said it really didn't matter as long as it was nice rock. You only have two types of live rock listed on your web site, Figi and Timora. Any normal person with average
intelligence would asume that what I was going to get was, either one of these two types of LR or a mixture of both of these, I mean its the only two types you sell. Well, guess what, I am wrong!!! My invoice you sent me telling me my order had been shipped says Nomaro LR, I am like, what is this, never heard of it, but at this point I am cool with it, I tell myself I will do a search on the web, and find out just what ya'll are sending me, guess what, I type Nomaro in my search engine, no listings,, anywhere on the net!! So I get on your live chat and ask Jermy about this rock, I tell him I could find nothing on the web about it, and that your company has nothing on your site about it, He says, Oh, its something new and we havent got it up on the web site yet. All I have to say about this is, I better like this LR yall are sending me. Geez, Its like I go to a
hamburger joint and they have two types of burgers, one with two patties or just one, and I say surprise me, they come out with a hamburger with a hotdog on it and say "" surprise""

This very well maybe nice LR, guess I will find out Wed. when it comes in, but I think they should have called and told me what they were going to send me and let me make up my own mind. Maybe its just me, I dont know seems like its not the way to bussiness.

Anyone kow anything bout this LR??
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

You did tell them it didn't matter what kind...

:?:
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I know, but they only sell two types on their web site, wouldnt you assume it would be one of these two types they were sending you, the man from the company called me, told me they were large pieces, 3 pieces with a total weight of 50lbs. He said if I didnt like them I could send them bach and they would replace them with something else.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

lr

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

hmmmm........Interesting, keep us updated.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

Two things wrong here that i see... You told them you didn't care what it cost within reason.. and you told them you didn't care what kind of rock it was. My cost within reason i'm sure would be different than yours, and telling them you didn't care what kind of rock you got means they are free to substitute whatever they can get at the best price for their profit margin. I hope you get some nice rock, but when you give let someone else decide the price and type.. well, good luck.
75gal, 20gal fuge, DIY LED, mag5 return, 2xk3's.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Yea, Guess your right. The guy at the store said I WILL like the LR, If I dont, I can send it back at their cost and they will replace it for me.
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

three pieces 50 lbs not very large for show pieces imo i have 2 in my 110 that go 75 total
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

crsswift70 wrote:Two things wrong here that i see... You told them you didn't care what it cost within reason.. and you told them you didn't care what kind of rock it was. My cost within reason i'm sure would be different than yours, and telling them you didn't care what kind of rock you got means they are free to substitute whatever they can get at the best price for their profit margin. I hope you get some nice rock, but when you give let someone else decide the price and type.. well, good luck.
My thoughts precisely. You should never leave it to the seller/retailer to selections like this. Try to keep it as within your control as possible. Otherwise, you are asking for it, honestly (no offense, of course).
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Well, I got the LR today, they look Great, just what I wanted. he three pieces are about the size of a basketball, each, One is a tad smaller, two have color on them, one dosn't have any color on it, but I am sure it will color up after being the tank for awhile. I will try and get some pics up tommrow.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

lr

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

All that worrying for nothing, glad to see it work out
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

LOL 8) I heard that. This LR thing is driving me up a wall. Its got me on Hold as to getting my Tank set up. The man I am getting the bulk of my LR from talked to his distributor today, he said the hold up is that Figi hasn't gave out the new permits for this yearso no one is able to start harvesting LR yet.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

lr

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

They look good to me but honestly it all looks the same to me.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Yea, it all looks the same, its the size I wanted, that was what was giving me problems, couldnt find someone that had some with some size to it. Now I just need about 170lbs more, lol.
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

Dang dude, I would have hoped for better shapes than that. Composition looks good, just a bit round for my idea of a cherry-picked rock.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.