Progressive Marine ??

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

strout
Copepod

Progressive Marine ??

Post by strout »

Has anyone been into the store lately, I am looking for some polyps and a coral or to.
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

I heard something about an air conditioning problem and carrying away the fifteen year old clam? let's hope it's not true!
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

We've got a ton of nice zoanthids in right now. It would be worth it to check them out if that is what you are looking for. A few nice mushrooms as well. We did lose one of the giant clams (still one left), but that was way back during the early summer months of '08--things have recovered quite nicely since then.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

A few moths ago when I was there it looked like you guys had a majano outbreak, hope that has been fixed, it looked like a lot of nice corals were damaged.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

But you guys didn't lose the monster light purple gigas with the black occellarises(spelling?) hosting it?
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

At the time, yes. The other one is now just as big, though, and the ocellaris clowns are hosting in it quite happily.

As you can imagine, the majanos are an ongoing issue, unfortunately. They are worse than Aiptasia in some of our tanks.
Andrew

AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

ouch...in a species tank majanos would be pretty cool but not rampant
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Thank goodness this is not an issue for us. But I can't help but wonder is there anything out there that eats it, are we to kalk each one several times and hope you don't miss any. What answers are out there?
Karen
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

i had a puffer that would eat them no problem but I don't recomend them for your reef
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I am going to try and get to Progressive Wed., what are their hours??
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

2-7 pm normally, but always call in advance as things do hold us up at times.
Andrew

acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Post by acpoweradapter »

What are yalls hours over the week? I probably wont be able to make it in till the summer around early may cause im up at auburn till then.
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

acpoweradapter wrote:What are yalls hours over the week? I probably wont be able to make it in till the summer around early may cause im up at auburn till then.
Amphiprion wrote:2-7 pm normally, but always call in advance as things do hold us up at times.
acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Post by acpoweradapter »

AquariKeeper wrote:
acpoweradapter wrote:What are yalls hours over the week? I probably wont be able to make it in till the summer around early may cause im up at auburn till then.
Amphiprion wrote:2-7 pm normally, but always call in advance as things do hold us up at times.
Ah. It seemed to me like he was answering the question about what their hours are on Wednesday. I want to make sure that's what it is Monday through Sunday before I drive an hour from fairhope.
BigPumper
Amoeba

Post by BigPumper »

It's best to call the store on a per visit basis if you are coming that far. Rich makes most of his money off maintenance so if that runs in to store operating time, the store may open late.