Opposites Do Attract

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Opposites Do Attract

Post by Jahdiel »

I don't know why but these guys act as if they are in love. They are ALWAYS by each others side. Anyone else go through this.
Attachments
P3260031.jpg
P3260031.jpg (102.01 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
Karen
Squirrelboy
Amoeba

Post by Squirrelboy »

my blue tang and fox face do that and now my maroon and gold is joining the mix, I think they are more driven by curiosity and trying to search for food
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

My foxface follows my Kole around like a puppy, I think the foxface is like an annoying little kid following his big brother around.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

You know there is super sweet people, loving cats, devoted dogs, lovable birds. Who's to say there isn't the same in the fish world. Look at how dauphin have been reported to save human lives. Something to make you say "Hymm!" :?
Karen
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

My Foxface and Yellow Tang do the same thing. The Foxface follows the Tang everywhere.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

The interactions are actually much more opportunistic and practical than you may expect. Many herbivorous fishes are also incidentally coprophagous (i.e. they eat other fish feces) and so they will often trail other fish awaiting the next little tidbit. It is of great benefit for these fish, especially herbivores, since it helps distribute and enhance intestinal bacterial flora and optimize digestion of algal material. A win-win situation as far as the fish are concerned.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Andrew where is the romance :lol:
Karen
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

My bad, lol. It does kinda ruin the ambience, doesn't it?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium