Prodibio..

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

acpoweradapter
Amoeba

Prodibio..

Post by acpoweradapter »

Anyone use this? Did you get it to work? I've been dosing Prodibio nano for about a month and I have not seen much of a difference if any.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

We used it at the shop for about the same amount of time and didn't note much. However, there is a reason behind this--primarily in that it was far too short of an amount of time. Prodibio is far from a short term fix--it takes many months to make any headway. I didn't use any on my personal tank, but I did dose carbon sources for a while with kalkwasser (vinegar) a good while before these systems came into the American market. The only thing I did not like about it is that the alkalinity must remain right around natural seawater levels. This is in contrast to the studies that show carbonate being the limiting factor in calcification--in other words, higher alkalinity means faster growing corals. It is nice, it may give that extra color boost for some people, but I have had success without it, as well. As many say, there is more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium