2nd Annual Montgomery Reef Club Coral Market

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

gflat65
Amoeba

2nd Annual Montgomery Reef Club Coral Market

Post by gflat65 »

The Montgomery Reef Club will be hosting the 2nd Annual Coral Market on April 25th at the Drury Inn just off of I-85 in Montgomery, Al. from 12-4 PM CST. Fragging Demonstration at 2 PM ($10 fee). Door Prizes/Raffles at 3 PM. Free Admission.

Some of the sponsors so far are DT's Phyto, Sunlight Supply, SeaChem, Drs. Foster and Smith, ReefGeek, Reefscience.com, ORA, and CaribSea. More to come:).

We'll have light snacks and soft drinks available, also.

The Drury Inn offered excellent rates for those who traveled last year, but make arrangements as soon as possible to ensure you get a room. I don't think there is anything going on that weekend, but you never know...

Buy, sell, and trade corals and lightly used equipment. There will be a little bit of everything there from softies to SPS and everything in between.

If interested in setting up a table, contact me and I'll get you penciled in. There is a $10 table fee for those wishing to rent a table and sell/trade.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... id=1611061
gflat65
Amoeba

Post by gflat65 »

New raffle information:).

TritonsGarden will be donating (2)-$50 gift certificates and My Reef Creations will be donating a gift certificate for the raffle, also.
gflat65
Amoeba

Post by gflat65 »

Here is a link to some of the threads being posted of what will be there. Several others expect to post threads soon:).

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... id=1622238

Only one week left:).
gflat65
Amoeba

Post by gflat65 »

I have updated the thread with the links to what people will have at the coral market. Only a few days out:). There's going to be a lot of nice stuff there, so don't miss out.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthr ... post225573
gflat65
Amoeba

Post by gflat65 »

I've got some last minute updates.

The ORA shipment is in and good googity...

Left to right, top row, middle row, bottom row- Red Planet, MI Fuzzy Yellow, Plum Crazy, Joe the Coral, Hawkin’s Blue echinata, Hyacinth Birdsnest, Long Polyped Leather, Green Polyped Leather, Tricolor valida, , Turquoise Stag, Green Birdsnest, and Verde

Here is a complete list of the sponsors, too. Looks like we'll have a lot of raffles and some door prizes.

DT's Phyto-16 oz bottles of DT’s Live PhytoPlankton (8 prizes) Sunlight Supply-Dual Blue Wave 250W MH HQI ballast
SeaChem-Aqua Vitro Additives (two sets)
SeaChem-Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium, etc. Additives (two sets)
Drs. Foster and Smith-$25 Gift Certificate
ReefGeek-(2)-54W T5 retro kit (One Prize)
Reefscience.com-$25 Gift Certificate
ORA- Red Planet, MI Fuzzy Yellow, Plum Crazy, Joe the Coral, Hawkin’s Blue echinata, Hyacinth Birdsnest, Long Polyped Leather, Green Polyped Leather, Tricolor valida, , Turquoise Stag, Green Birdsnest, and Verde (12 prizes)
CaribSea-Calcium, Alkalinity, etc. Additives (8 sets)
Triton’s Garden-(2) $50 Gift Certificates
My Reef Creations- $25 Gift Certificate
Champion Lighting-Blue Line Moon Light
Champion Lighting-Tsunami Auto Top Off
Poseidon’s Coral Palace-Lineaged Superman Monti frag
Clams Direct-(2) $25 ift Certificates

This is an example of the type of LPS we'll be fragging tomorrow. It is a pink and green Favia. This is one of the nicer ones you don't see in stores as often. These are smaller polyped. I don't have a shot of the purple acro we'll be fragging, but it is nice, also. It develops transparent blue polyps under the right lighting.

This is from an actinic T5 shot (too high up to run the whites-make shift stand for it).

See you all tomorrow.