New 55 gallon tank installed

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Yohji
Amoeba

New 55 gallon tank installed

Post by Yohji »

Hey guys,
We have finally signed onto the message board. I know, about time. Cliff has gotten his new 55 gallon tank set up in the kitchen so we are off and running with a new tank.
I was wondering if anyone has ever bought anything (corals and fish) off an internet site? I have found several and am curious about buying some things from them just to see.
Well its great to be here just one more to do on my list of things while I am waking up and drinking my coffee in the morning.
Glad to see that our group is growing and we seem to be making some progress.
Elizabeth how is the diving going babe keep us all updated on the progress.
Terry
Yohji
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Good to see you on here Terry! Let us know how the new tank and additions do... Also, look around here somewhere, Brandon has a few damsels that he'd love to give you, just so that you can cycle that tank in :)
-Josh Murrah
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

wanted to say thanks to terry and cliff for that kalc and kent doser. Hooked it up and for the first time, my tanks is getting alittle calcium.

Had a great time at the meeting. :D Great hosts.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

good, im glad everythign is goin good. ive ordered almost all my corals offline. sometimes they do great, and sometimes they do poorly. all in all, you cant beat the prices and shipping isnt really that bad
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Kevin and I have ordered from Jeff's exotics a couple of times. I woold only rate them as fair. We both had quite a few things die or fail to thrive and they did have to substitute a few things too. They do have the 9 for $99 special where yu can get some of the common things. If you don't need that many things get together a group order and save on shipping, that helps with the total cost.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I have ordered from Jeffs Aquatic and FFexpress, both I would rate well. Oh and welcome to the forum guys, was wondering when you guys were going to sign in :wink: and be sure to visit often, seems to be a thriving thing so far.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

How about some details. How did you set it up and where did you get it? I noticed that your 100 gallon had a very course sandbed, what substrate did you use? How much live rock? Anything else that you can think of might be important to someone.

Thanks and good luck,
Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.