Work tank crashed today

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

andy4499
Chromis

Work tank crashed today

Post by andy4499 »

This morning I came into my office and noticed that my 10 gallon tank was cloudy and the thermometer showed the tank temp was 94 degrees. I could not believe that this happened all them corals and fish died. I had some cool things in there too. The pistol shrimp was the coolest thing. He was like a bulldozer always moving the sand around and was out all the time. I am not sure what caused the problem, but I think it was the heater. This tank was running for over a year.

I brought the tank home and tonight I cleaned it up and brought it back to work with new water and clean sand to start the cycle on the new setup. This time I don’t think I will put a heater on it and see how it turns out. Has anyone else ever had there heater malfunction on them?
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Neuticle
Copepod

Re: Work tank crashed today

Post by Neuticle »

When I was a kid I lost a couple heaters (and subsequently fish), since I got back into fish I haven't seemed to need them at all.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

I have had them break in the sump and cause problems. My 2 1/2 gal nano reef I had never had a heater nor did the 5 gal I had and them did fine. Might try to give you a call sat man. I am of an me and my son will be running the roads.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I have had them break in the sump and cause problems. My 2 1/2 gal nano reef I had never had a heater nor did the 5 gal I had and them did fine. Might try to give you a call sat man. I am of an me and my son will be running the roads.
Zack I should be home all day on Friday and Saturday. We will be having a Yard/Moving Sale. We are not moving yet, but we have gone through the whole house a started packing and throwing out things to make the house look a little better. We will be putting the house on the market soon. Hoping to move to Malbis area. So just give me a call when you want to come by.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

i hear the moon is nice!
if you move can i have your furniture?

EL beave