My new frag

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

strout
Copepod

My new frag

Post by strout »

They are called rastas, and they are smalllllll, almost thought they had come off the frag plug during shipping had to look twice before seeing them. I got these at steal price, less than 15% of what they sell for, if you can find them. The man that I got these from has has the frag for 4 months and had no babies born, so they grow slowwwww.

strout
Copepod

Re: My new frag

Post by strout »

Forgot, this is the pic the man I got them from sent me, I have them in the tank, but they haven't opened up for me yet.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Here is one I just got. I just put it in my tank so I haven't seen if its going to hold the same color. I sure hope so.

strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Thats a big colony, and they look good.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Well it keeps the yellow color when the actinic is the only bulb on. With the other 3 T5s it looks a little more green, but its a bright glowing green/yellow.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I got another frag from the guy I got the Rastas from, when they all open I will get a pic of them. You will like them they look great.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Here are some other things I picked up also:

strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

They look great, did you get a name for the ones in the first pic ? They look like some I have but I am not sure. They look like AO Gods or Devils Armor.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

strout wrote:They look great, did you get a name for the ones in the first pic ? They look like some I have but I am not sure. They look like AO Gods or Devils Armor.
they had them listed as goochsters
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

Nice frags and yes those rastas are small. The naming of zoas is funny. Just call them anything you want if you see them first. Fish food, what is the square chunk of coral? Looks like it was cut with a diamond saw.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Crustman wrote:Nice frags and yes those rastas are small. The naming of zoas is funny. Just call them anything you want if you see them first. Fish food, what is the square chunk of coral? Looks like it was cut with a diamond saw.
Its a montipora setosa, green with red polyps. I also got a solid red one with red polyps. Unfortionatly they didn't have the nice bright orange one that is demanding crazy amounts of money. I don't think I would have paid for it if they did.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

Where did you both get your new corals from?
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Yea the names can get crazy. On the Louisiana reef club forums there is someone selling a sunset monti and a kryptonite caulastrea. The caulastrea is exactly the same as the neon green one I had post here for $10. Mine had between 5 and 7 heads each I think. The guy on that forum is selling his with 5 heads for $45. I guess I should have given mine a name and asked for that much. :lol:
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Crustman wrote:Where did you both get your new corals from?
E-bay actually for all but the zoanthids. The reef empire seller on there has a buy $100 worth and you get free shipping. If I wouldn't have wanted the one Acan as much as I did most of my stuff would have been between about $12 and $20 per frag. The one Acan was a bit more. 4 of the other acans came from another guy on e-bay and didn't have free shipping so they were a bit more. Actually I got 1 micro and 3 acans from him.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

I have seen the Reef Empire site. He is up there near Oregon so the shipping deal is great. The Kryptonite trumpet looks great in my tank and is lime green. My other one is bluish green.