March 20th Meeting "Postponed"

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

andy4499
Chromis

March 20th Meeting "Postponed"

Post by andy4499 »

Well I have decided to try and spark some more people’s interest in the hobby and show off my setup. I am going to host a meeting on Saturday March 20th. Let me know if this will be a good date for you. I am thinking of putting together a tentative schedule together for the meeting. It will probably follow a similar one that I did in my last meeting that I had at our house.

Here is a link to the last meeting I had. http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... =frag+swap

Let me know how you would like to see the meeting go and we can change things up from last time. I was thinking that we could talk about things that we can do to get more people and shops more involved in the site.

The meeting will be held at
602 Farnell Ln.
Mobile, Al 36606

Call me if you need more information or how to get to my house
251-978-4517

More details will come later on.
Last edited by andy4499 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: March 20th Meeting

Post by Scott »

I am putting it on the calendar. I will bring something. I guess as it gets closer I will commit to something.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Yeah Scott that might be a good idea. I will have to find that list of phone numbers I have also and call some of the old friends and fellow hobbyist up and see if they are still in the hobby.

May be later on we can star a couple of other treads on what foods people can bring and another one on what frags people might bring. I know I have a ton of frags I will most likely give away that night.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

That might work out about right for me. My tank should just be ready for frags by then. I hope to get the tank I have set up this week and I want to give the live rock that has been in a tub for 3 years a while. That was back when "cooking" LR was the fad and I thought that was the best way to store it.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

I will try to go. I am a bit of a wallflower but I like to learn :D . If all goes to plan I should have me a tank up by then so no frags from me but I am sure I could bring something if needed.

Larry
Larry
My build thread http://tiny.cc/JYzXJ
Slowly building up my equpiment.
Rule of Coral Shopping: If you don't buy it when your see it, it will not be there when you come back.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

I will be there. Andy has an incredible setup and makes good deals on frags. Got some yesterday and make a little rock of them.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I should be able to make this also. I'll see what I can muster up for frags. I think I'm going to go through my tank and take out 2 or 3 rocks at a time and take all the coral off and let the rock bake out in the sun(or freeze I guess). I have the worst bubble algae and while an emerald crab did help he also tore into my Acans. He was banished to the sump where he died.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

Sorry about your Acans; I don't trust crabs and many hermits in my reef.
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

Well I think i will be in cali again, guess i will have to host one when i get back unless i get booted from this trip. I am gonna try to get up with you before i leave town though Andy.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
SundownSerenity
Amoeba

Post by SundownSerenity »

I'm very interested in attending... I've only had my tank for about a year, so i really don't have any frags to bring, but would be glad to bring a dish or something... please let me know...

Shelli
pheonixsoul25
Amoeba

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

yeah my tanks only been up a few months and very limited on frags lol but im still gonna make the meeting !!!!!!!!! 8)
100 gallon mixed reef
ladyofthedeep
Amoeba

Post by ladyofthedeep »

I would love to come, PM me with more info. Thanks, Carol
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

ladyofthedeep wrote:I would love to come, PM me with more info. Thanks, Carol
As of right now what is posted is all that has been set up, but I will be posting more on the meeting in the next few weeks.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I was thinking about the meeting and have been trying to think of what it will consist of. If anyone has any ideas to throw out their please post them and we may be able to incorporate them into the meeting.

Here are some of the ideas that I had.

Maybe setting up and hour or so for the moderators and others that want to get more involved in the site to talk about the site and things we can do to get more people involved & more activity. I was thinking this may be something we can do at the beginning of the meeting before everyone shows up. Moderators let me know if this is something that you may want to do.

Of coarse we will have some time for swapping frags eating and talking with everyone.

If we have enough people to come to the meeting I might put together a frag pack and sell raffle tickets for the frag pack. If I do this all proceeds will go to supporting this site, as long as snoopdog is ok with this.

These are some of the things I have been thinking of. What do you think?
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I should have a few zoa frags to give away at the meeting and some other stuff for sale. Probably a few $5 to $10 frags. I just realized I have a wedding that weekend but I don't want to go. If for some reason I have to I'll get those zoa frags to you Andy so you can let people take them.